78 sunny b310 120y

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
jordan24

78 sunny b310 120y

Post by jordan24 »

Hey guys my names Jordan from Dunedin, heres is my sunny had it for about 6months i'm looking for help for front suspension has king springs and shorten shocks in it but shocks are buggered. Should i replace them with gas inserts or is there and better option, what will fit as i am not sure if i need b310 or 120y parts any help would be great.

cheers jordan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: 78 sunny b310 120y

Post by Bartman »

Are your inserts Gas, or O.G. spec oil ones?
Oil ones can be rebuilt, (Not that I've ever done it) But gas ones are off the shelf, slap in and go. You can even buy shorter ones from the get-go to save on having to get them shortened to keep your springs captive.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
jordan24

Post by jordan24 »

I'm sure there oil as there leaking, yeah was keen to get some gas ones that are already shorter but can find any info on what will fit
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Do you have BNT in dunners?
Rock in to a branch, and ask to see the catalog.
Or maybe other will chime in with what part numbers they used.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
jordan24

Post by jordan24 »

i've sorted some gas inserts from a member off here so stoked as. Lost a hub cap the other day im so guttred. if any one has a spare one for sale il be keen as cheers
jordan24

Post by jordan24 »

Hey guys awhile since I've update slowly been doing it up while keeping it on the road almost got it looking how I want sorted all the suspension out so is riding mint now, now think about upgrading the engine. So I'm on the hunt for a a15 if there's any out there and and also a full chrome rear bumper. Here's some pictures ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

is your's a full chrome under the caps, I recall some of the early 310s had plastic caps over full Chome, others didn't have the ends that bent around.
Looking good, nice to hear from you again.
Datsuns from A to Zed
jordan24

Post by jordan24 »

I had that idea to look the other day and they are metal under there but taking plastic end caps off makes them short and show the bolt holes that hold the end caps. So in guessing full chrome ones are a wee bit longer and cover over theses hole.