BRAASY'S 1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Kitch
Financial Member

Re: BRAASY'S 1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE

Post by Kitch »

yes it is L28 powered, so tacho dropping out might have been when engine was changed due to a wiring compatiability issue?

This thing is a beast to drive for sure, it is very aggressive! but wow it is fun......
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Really like the rims Brassy.Will look tough on my 1200. :D
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

jealous, was that car on Trademe? If I didn't have the K I would love a Z.
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

very cool Brassy! You'll be pining!
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So will you be in this and the Mrs be driving the 1200 for Akoroa?
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

omg I am soo jealous how can you stand to be over there when you have this over here lol
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Very nice...looks good when parked next to the 1200
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Re: This Thread is Reserved for Braasy's new ride :)

Post by braasmonkey »

torqued wrote:Just look at that smile on the "Engine Start" Video :lol:

Vnice Car BTW.. Looks very nice. Nice find
Oh, you saw that smile huh? I was grinning all the way back to Australia haha
joelbrown wrote:Very awesome, you must be so stoked. love the race look with the rollcage, tough ass. Very jealous!

I saw a 240 recently with the head-light surround /light buckets painted flat black, looked neat (just a thort/ramble)

Congrats on a great purchase :highfive:
So stoked! :mrgreen: I love the cage too as it makes it look the part :) Interesting look with the light pods being black, might mock it up with one of the pictures I took unless you had a sample pic?
Datto_610 wrote:Awesome! I was way off! Had my fingers crossed it was a 180B wagon haha. Congrats man very sweet ride.
Cheers dude, and yeah, way off indeed Greg (although I'm still thinking about the 180B). I still need an Australian project to keep me sane ;)
damz721 wrote:Can see the excitement on ur face! Such a sweet ride dude !! :drool:
Cheers man, and can't hide hide that much happiness haha
nzdatman wrote:Nice. Who doesn't love a nice 240?
You find one, I'll sort 'em ;)
classicdat wrote:Very nice Braasy, that is one sexy car, from any angle.
What ignition system is it running, if its not factory that may be the reason the Tach isn't working.
Cheers dude. As you know, I've been looking for one for a while. Cheers again for the helpful info you supplied :)

Indeed an electronic dizzy as DJZ pointed out, although not sure from what vehicle (could be a 280ZX, the motor is an L28). The tacho issue has now been fixed. Damon/dattodevil traced the wiring for the tachometer and has repaired/checked :)

DJZ wrote:Sweet ride man, good job!

Looks like a 280ZX electronic dizzy. Does it have a non factory crank pulley too? I'm assuming that's an L28 in it?
Thanks man, glad to now own such a machine. Not sure about the crank pulley, but was the 280ZX the only Z that came with an electronic dizzy from factory? I know the L28 engine, extractors, carbs etc all came as a complete package ready to drop in (unfortunately the matching numbers L24 was sold to help pay for the setup).
Kitch wrote:yes it is L28 powered, so tacho dropping out might have been when engine was changed due to a wiring compatiability issue?

This thing is a beast to drive for sure, it is very aggressive! but wow it is fun......
Beast indeed dude, thanks again! I can't wait to be back in October, missing her already...
darrenwilson wrote:Really like the rims Brassy.Will look tough on my 1200. :D
Thanks man, they're fat as aye. A lot of modification get those under the 1200 guards haha
Flauski wrote:jealous, was that car on Trademe? If I didn't have the K I would love a Z.
Yeah, was on Trade Me, just not for long ;) If you wanna trade, the missus loves K's. I was seriously trying to source one from Japan if it were viable financially :D
z181200 wrote:very cool Brassy! You'll be pining!
Cheers dude, and pining indeed! Bring on October is say!
Tony_Whenua wrote:nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So will you be in this and the Mrs be driving the 1200 for Akoroa?
Hahahahaha, loved this clip, laughed so hard. Mrs can't drive a manual, so that won't be a go, plus the Z isn't a comfortable ride like the 1200. Track day in the Z, Akaroa in the 1200 for now I reckon :)
2 doors wrote:omg I am soo jealous how can you stand to be over there when you have this over here lol
Truth be told, I can't stand it lol. Flights already booked, October can't come soon enough Wal!
maddat1 wrote:Very nice...looks good when parked next to the 1200
Thanks man, and I agree :D
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Before I go scouring the inter-webs, thought I would see if anyone has a spare gas filler hose to suit a 1972 240Z? Mine has a split in it which is spilling fuel if I pump in gas or fill that tank too high. Have also posted via the Facebook page, so hopefully someone can help save me some time and money! Cheers.

- Braasy
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Hey all,

With October fast approaching I thought it best I get rid of an eyesore on the Z. For those that have seen it in person (or pictures), due to what is believed to be bad prep during the last respray, there was a large portion of paint missing from the front left guard where a sticker used to reside (and had since been removed).

Thankfully, with the expertise of Hamish (mush) and the fuel flap for colour coding, this issue has now been rectified (and perfect timing for my birthday I might add!).

Before, during, and after images are as follows:

BEFORE
P1020603 [edit].jpg
IMG_0042 [edit].jpg
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0044 [edit].jpg
DURING
P1060209.JPG
P1060211.JPG
P1060212.JPG
P1060213.JPG
AFTER
P1060216 [edit].jpg
P1060217 [edit].jpg
P1060218 [edit].jpg
P1060219.JPG
P1060220.JPG
As you can see (and as per usual) a top job all round. Have been advised by mush that from certain angles the panel appears slightly lighter in colour, but hey, it's better than chunks of missing paint! :mrgreen: I will eventually get the whole car done so a non-issue :) Now bring on October! :D

- Braasy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.