Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Tony.buchler
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Tbag

Re: TBag - '72 1200 build

Post by Tony.buchler »

Tony.buchler wrote:
DatsunP510 wrote:
Tony.buchler wrote:So I've got most of my panel work done. Been tidying up other bits and pieces in between painting other people's projects etc
How did you clean the block, head and intake manifold? Were they sand blasted? Are they sealed in anyway (clear coated)?[/q

Steam cleaned the block, degreased it... Degreased it again, red scotched the whole thing, cleaned it about 4 times, masked bits and pieces, metal cleaned it, acid etched it, primed it, sprayed with direct gloss black 2k (wet on wet the paint process)

Have used this method on my corvette motor and countless others without it ever delaminating...
Oh, I sandblasted the alloy parts and then cleared them. Need to use a light blaster like the cabinet ones as the industrial blasters are real abrasive and leave the alloy looking terrible. I either use a 2 pack gloss or flat clear depending on what the customer wants
Tony.buchler
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Tbag

Re: TBag - '72 1200 build

Post by Tony.buchler »

Cross member in... Waiting on new panels and gearbox mount to be cut then back into it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.