lukes 1200 ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
luke
Datsun Addict

Re: lukes 1200 ute

Post by luke »

Dont really update this thing enough,

have had a new under dash and engine bay loom put in to replace the mickey mouse setup it had causing intermittent electrical cutouts to the ignition. brendan did this because im not to be trusted with hot solder toys, also wired back in headunit last weekend.
Replaced with all new goodies like coil, plugs, leads, ballast resistor, codensor, dizzy cap and rotor. all that jazz.
have just sorted out some seats and doorcards to glam it up a bit
bought new tailgate and latches a while back but will wait till respray next year ish to fit up.
got rear wheels polished by aiden @ pine engineering and thoroughly recommend him and his work! still need fronts done :oops:
have some sound deadener awaiting fitment then will buy new moulded carpet kit from autodec along with underlay stuff to dull that a12 drone

Took this thing for a 1000km road trip to the coast then up to picton/blenhiem etc, didnt use and water or oil......which seems suspicious to me as she was a little smokey in mornings....but oh well, it worked!
changed out all fluids/ wired up other speaker the weekend before just incase i fucked anything up, but luckily i didnt! :dance:

ran better and better the whole drive, plus a 5spd makes a world of difference! took a few pics, and by few i mean 3, apologies for the front rims not being polished yet, its on the list!
mine and gemmas lower backs are yet to recover :deadhorse:
20150206_154016.jpg
20150207_112143.jpg
20150208_093216.jpg
it is getting a bit rusty in a few places so once the triumph and mini are going again (this weekend i hope) i do plan to get wal to look into it once funds allow, rear archs and under the windscreen are probably the worst spots yet, plus a hole in the rear wall that goes out to the tray, minor shit .......... said i about a certain other datsun some years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I hope you're going to hock the english turd to fund said rust repairs?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

Which one? And nope, no kids means expendable income. Never enough when saving for a house but enough to get it done. Has planned to do coupe this year but need a bigger garage and a dog. So that means buying :-(
1972 1200 coupe KB110
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Bartman wrote:I hope you're NOT going to hock the english turd to fund said rust repairs?
you could always swap the english turd for the rust repairs ( actually I have more than enough projects at the moment.)
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

so.

this poor thing has been dailied for the last 4 years. on top of expecting everything and anything from this poor girl iv made her tow a 1.7 tonne digger plus trailer. iv made her cart 1tonne of hardfill, and 1tonne of topsoil. among many other things.

its time she had an easier life.

i wanted to sell her, but realised how much i wanted to keep her.

brendan yet again made me see sense and to keep the ute.

watch for updates soon.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

These are my inspiration pictures.....
received_1547628005311523.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

If you do decide to sell this let me know I'd do a 1200 ute
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

nick_m wrote:If you do decide to sell this let me know I'd do a 1200 ute
\you are a day too late! ....what you wanna pay?
1972 1200 coupe KB110
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

got this thing off the back lawn today, popped over to bedes and nicked a mismatched pair of 14' rims with tyres so i can keep it mobile and get equip 02s polished.

Kinda built momentum and stripped off both front gaurds rust hunting, drivers side is average (minimal compared to coupe, but what isnt) but passenger side is mint!
then i took out seats and seatbelts, just need to give it a vaccuum and wipe down on floor pan as i sound deadened it about 2-3 years back, minus drivers floor pan as i suspected rust where the accelerator pedal mounts. will borrow mates sand blaster and give that area some abuse before fitting ratmat.

i should be finishing tiny jobs on the coupe for next weekend but im over that toy atm, ute needs the love as its earnt it.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

so your keeping this now ?