2 doors 1200 2door sedan / Nearly cert ready

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan / NOW DRIVING

Post by 2 doors »

Thanks to the power of a teenage daughter I now have this at my disposal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

looks flash, is she going to drive the for you too?
Datsuns from A to Zed
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Interesting and embarresing update, so I cant get tuner studio to talk to the megasquirt, have googled a fair bit and found things like computer might be processing at the wrong speed, port needs to be matched blah blah blah heaps of crap i dont understand, so I phoned a friend and hes coming sat to try and configure the laptop to the car.
The embarresing part comes next, I have now drivin the car and boost is behaving much better with the new hose ,but still had a missfire around 13 pounds, during my research I found in tuner studio that you can program in a cutout for spark and fuel for protection against overboost situations, which got me thinking about the missfiring when overboosting, so I am convinced I had a discussion about this when I bought my megasquirt and the cutout was to be set around 13 pounds, so I figured if I can get the boost at a reliable 10 pounds I should be able to eliminate the missfiring, so I removed the actuator to test what presssure it needed to operate and wether it was operating at all, during this exercise I thought id measure how much travel the actuator needed in order to open the wastegate, and discovered that when I built my exhaust off the back of the turbo, I mounted the flange on 180 deg out so the the relief cutout for the wastegate valve was now on the oppisite side of the flange and the wastegate couldnt operate properly as the flange was stopping the wastegate from opening, so I stripped the exhaust off and plasma cut the offending material out of the way , welded a relief blister into the flange, TESTED THE WASTEGATE reassembled everything and took it for a test drive. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: such an improvement, its not perfect cause im still getting up around 13 pounds of boost and the missfire but its at the upper end of the rev range instead of the midrange, and im now getting loss of traction . so stoked.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Awesome, well done Wal, great news.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You know just yesterday I was wondering about your wastegate plumbing.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
iamkiwiana

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan

Post by iamkiwiana »

2 doors wrote:whoop whoop, been out in the shed putting some skin on the bit that holds the passenger in Image

feels good to be getting some forward momentum on this
Beeeeaaautiful !!!
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

iamkiwiana wrote:
2 doors wrote:whoop whoop, been out in the shed putting some skin on the bit that holds the passenger in Image

Beeeeaaautiful !!!
Dam to cold out there I will stay next to the fire?
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Bartman wrote:You know just yesterday I was wondering about your wastegate plumbing.
That's what she said ;)
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

gman wrote:
iamkiwiana wrote:

Beeeeaaautiful !!!
Dam to cold out there I will stay next to the fire?
That was an old post that has been quoted , I was having a discussion on another thread about door skins , but I was working on the car yesterday , a mate Karl came over and configured the laptop to talk to the megasquirt , but then I burnt the coil out , so need to sort that out before I can go any further with the tuning.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Sounds like you are getting there with the Megasquirt, well done for persevering with it.

Also great news on the loss of traction !
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30