2 doors 1200 2door sedan / Nearly cert ready

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan / NOW DRIVING

Post by 2 doors »

:burnout: skids ,on replaced the points condenser and coil today , started first crank of the key and settled into a sweet crisp idle with no hesitation when reving, yet to drive it again but it's running the best it ever has.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

So stoked for you Wal! Looking forward to some footage or eventually see it running in the flesh when we're back in town :D
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

skids off :deadhorse: so, drove this again today , and while it went as well if not a little better than previous, I had the advantage of monitering the laptop while driving, I have discovered that the fuel tables were peaking off the charts as the engine spat and farted under wide open throttle, this appears to be as a result of over fueling, the reason being the laptop was showing boost of over 21 pounds, however What I also noted was while the computer was showing 21 pounds the boost gauge was only showing 7, so the computer is providing fuel for 21 pounds of boost while only around 7 or so was actually being forced in, I did wonder if maybe the boost gauge was wrong ,but closer inspection revels 8 pounds of boost at idle which cant be right.
I also remembered Kitch had the same issue with his, which caused all sorts of dramas , so it looks like I may need to purchase another map sensor and solder it into the board before I can move forward with tuning.
At least progress is being made lol.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Ok , ignore the rantings above as I've just watched an interesting YouTube clip about map sensors and atmospheric pressures, basically the 60 kpa I am seeing on the laptop Is vacuum when taking into account atmospheric pressure , and the 160 kpa when taking into account atmospheric pressure and adjusted , for it would mean im running around 7-8 pounds of boost , so in theory I need to adjust my fuel tables to lean out the over fueling and I'll be sweet. :burnout: skids may be on again.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Woo hoo!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Yeah :burnout: First Cruise this weekend!!!
Datsuns from A to Zed
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

After seeing Kartboys start up video today I was inspired to get off the couch and do some work on this, I removed the lowering blocks in the rear which brought the ride height back up to an exceptable level, and bolted down the battery, drilled the mounting holes for the passenger seat, glued and screwed the cover over the hole where the CA shifter came through the floor,wired up the heater for the fan to work, and did some trouble shooting on the indicator lights on the dash,as they wernt working.
So after removing the dash centre and testing the circuit, it looks like both bulb holders are failing to earth on the metal housing, also managed to blow 2 fuses while pulling everything apart and on top of that the indicators stopped working all together which I suspect is a problem with the flasher unit, as it was a bit sketchy anyway, and has power to it when indicating.
weather permitting ill carry on with this job tomorrow, getting the indicator lights in the dash to work will be another step closer to cert.
All in all progress was made today.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Got another couple of hours on this today , replaced the flasher unit and scraped a bit of corrosion from the instrument bezel to allow the indicator dash lights to earth properly and now they work , gave it a wash and found the plastic chrome on the right rear tail light is flaking off , so that sucks , I have been putting off stripping the megasquirt wiring down so I can install a grommet in the firewall to prevent the loom fraying , it's something I should have done back when I first wired it and one of a few last jobs before cert , I want to have the car at the meet up for hanmer , (I'll return it home before heading to hanmer ) and figure I'll do this after hanmer , I think once that's done I just need to get the horn working and install a driveshaft hoop then I can seriously look at cert .
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Slowly but surely! The finish line is within reach!! Best of luck mate :D
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

New day new year new priorities, spent today on MY car for a change , basically I'm booked up 12 months in advance now , so no amount of overtime is going to make a difference to the work load ,it will however make a difference to my own projects , so today I thought only of myself and put the car on the hoist to sort a few small jobs required for cert, happily I sorted the rubber brake hoses on the struts , these are now captivated with proper clips not via cable ties , while it is in the air I fabricated a driveshaft hoop and modified the front bumper brackets so I can use 2 bolts per side to hold the bumper on . I can now also tick off the list the swaybar installation , complete with new nolathane bushes.
On the downside I discovered the rear seal leaking on the back of the gearbox, so I'll try and track one down tomorrow , I'm picking butler's may have one, otherwise I'll go to bnt on Wed.
Tomorrow I hope to get the driveshaft hoop bolted up and sort out the horn wiring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.