2 doors 1200 2door sedan / Nearly cert ready

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan / engine now RUNNING

Post by classicdat »

Anyone interested in this and the C10 meet at Bunnings Marshlands at 3 today Saturday, just look for the Orange 510 1600
Datsuns from A to Zed
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

2 doors wrote:Hey , I'm back with good news I think , so far the brakes are working again , thanks stanmore road auto spares for the proper seal kit.
I'm really quite close to driving to the servo for gas.

FAIL FAIL FAIL :deadhorse: I now have absolutely no confidence in this master cylinder, brakes were working then the pedal felt odd then I lost the pedal altogether I will pull it down again but im beginning to expect there may be a burr in the cylinder from where the port was drilled for the brake line and tearing the seal.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Buggar! :fire:
Datsuns from A to Zed
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Resleeve an original - im holding onto as many 260C ones as i can for that reason alone. "genuine original". I know it is spending more and more where you shouldn't have had to in the first place.

Having been on both sides of the counter now - some OE stuff is way more expensive, but there is a reason for it. In this case ive used 4 or 5 of those brand of M/C's and never had an issue.

Unfortunately i feel bad because i sold you the part in the first place :cry:
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

lol Brocky, we both know you didn't make it though, so dont feel bad, just one of those things.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Hey all, well after my last post it occured to me that back in the day many years ago I did an under dash brake master conversion and installed a master cylinder from a vanette, which I then changed back after a couple of years as id changed direction and wanted things standard, when i did the conversion I cut down the rod from the pedal to the master and I got to thinking that maybe I had installed this shorter rod into this master cylinder thus reducing the stroke, so i rung luke who measured his shaft (lol) and I measured mine and it turned out................ mines the same length so good idea but nill result regarding sorting the brakes.

So after all that I bit the bullet and got hold of Greg at Appco who put me onto Josh at BNT hornby ( I know BNT but surely I couldnt get 2 shit master cylinders in a row) Josh stripped and checked it and says its good, so thats good enough for me, besides this one is from a different manufacturer and looks to be better quality.
I fully intended to install it over the weekend ,but it rained and hasnt stopped, once it does ill install it and hopefully tick the brakes back off the list.
After reading lukes thread regarding track days, I thought if the brakes play the game I could even get it to the point where it could pass muster for some track testing in April.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Well last weekend got rained out so that didnt happen, however I managed to get the new master cylinder installed and with some helpful info from Bart I got the brakes all bled up and working properly, which led to an all day session yesterday getting the battery bolted in and fuel lines re-routed and installed with rubber grommets through the floor , front indicators wired and licence plates back on after 16 years, battery cable tidied up and a host of small but important jobs.........................

I FREAKEN DROVE THIS DOWN THE ROAD AND BACK, apart from having some issues regarding tune, it pulls like a train, so happy so much torque, boosts from just off idle under half throttle, and coughs and backfires like a bastard under full throttle, but with a steady push on the load pedal to halfway IT JUST PULLS, I cant tell you how much boost as I wasnt looking at the boost gauge but boosting 1st 2nd and 3rd I let off and looked at the speedo to see 70mph .It will be interesting to see how accurate the speedo is.

Id like to say a massive thanks to everyone who incouraged me along the way in this build, I have a small list of things to do before I attempt cert but im amped and keen to keep up the progress, I may even have it ready for winter lol.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan / NOW DRIVING

Post by torqued »

Well done,
You've definitely put in the effort so reap your reward.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Well done mate! Looking forward to seeing it running in person :D
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Congrats Wal, it's come a long way since i looked at it in your garage (when you weren't there lol) in 2008 I think it was.