2 doors 1200 2door sedan / Nearly cert ready

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan

Post by Godzilladat »

I'm not sure what I'll do with myself when I no longer get the 2 year update on your 2 door build Wal.

Looking awesome, can't wait to see it top coat.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Godzilladat wrote:I'm not sure what I'll do with myself when I no longer get the 2 year update on your 2 door build Wal.

Easy you can look forward to a 2 yearly update on the 260c cedric coupe, or the 240z.

doors are back on as is the boot lid, I need to sharpen the lines up, down the sides and round the rear wheel archs, then it will be time to spray the orange.

might have this in final colour before too long
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

2 doors wrote:
Godzilladat wrote:I'm not sure what I'll do with myself when I no longer get the 2 year update on your 2 door build Wal.

Easy you can look forward to a 2 yearly update on the 260c cedric coupe, or the 240z, or the GN620
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Good man! Looking good.
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

Has it always has the coupe tail lights?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Nah, that was a Wal modification............
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

hey all, I started blocking the lines on the passenger side of the car, and found that I wasn't happy with some of my previous work on the rear quarter, so I got out the big sander and took it back to metal around the swage line, a couple of hours on the hammer and dolly, a bit of a pull with the dent puller and it was back to the beginning and start again, spent yesterday varying my time between family commitments sanding bog and undercoating, and today managed to get it back in primer and then top coat, a bit of a mission but am now very happy with the swage line and wheel arch shape. I can finally tick off the passenger side as being ready for top coat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
240znz
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by 240znz »

Have you a secret fetish of sanding?
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

240znz wrote:Have you a secret fetish of sanding?

Its possible yes,
but progress has been made, please ignore the comment further up about me being happy with the passenger side, if you look closely at the pics of it painted white, you may notice the bottom of the door to sill gap is a little weird, I decided to fix this and have now spent a couple of days getting this right. this area is now back in primer and should receive a coat of white today ,in preparation for orange.

oh and doors and boot are in final colour, just need wet sanding and clear coating ( more sanding :dance: )