Datsun 260c

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Re: Datsun 260c

Post by tlssunny »

i like abit of jdm etc but that rising sun under the bonnet is sick!!!!!!!!!! i love this car more and more!!!!!!!!

more photos please
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
fletch
Financial Member

Post by fletch »

Ivan wrote:
brocky41 wrote:Welded the steering??
Lol I was waiting for that, I had to modify the steering column To make it fit as the power steering box sits a lot higher that the non power steering box. Nothing dodgy, not like before. :?

have you got any photos of the steering box mounted? i have some parts, just want to see what i need to do as im still rolling the column change
Ivan
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I put this damm thing in today, Talk about a pain in the ass. It had to be done, One step closer on getting her back on the road. :burnout:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
be4ver

Post by be4ver »

Just had a massive catch up on this build. Wow! I'm so glad this car is getting the treatment it deserves! Everything is excellent, keep up the good work
Ivan
Datsun Nutter

Post by Ivan »

Hey guys sorry for the lack of update's, but really there hasn't been any to post. Me and Missy moved in together. So we have been getting on top of bills etc... I haven't even started the new engine yet as I still need to buy the oil cooler lines. Should have them in a few weeks hopefully. How ever I did buy a bigger oil cooler for my RSfour waggon and used the old one for the datto. I was going to mount it on the front bumper (Like the old school JDM's) but didn't as the oil cooler is the wrong style and I don't want the car to be visually loud. How ever I have scored a nice jdm front grill for it. Waiting for it from Japan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ivan
Datsun Nutter

Post by Ivan »

New grill from Japan fitted it today. Not sure if I like it just going to leave it on the car to see if it grows on me.
Datsun 260c

Ivan
Datsun Nutter

Post by Ivan »

Boss kit came from Japan on Friday. Fitted it today as well as my oil cooler lines (nylon fibre braided hose) I had a hard time finding the oil lines as I didn't want plain black/blue or stainless steel braided line's. I'm getting new headers next week as I didn't like the ones I have. Getting close to starting it soon.
Datsun 260c

tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

yay nice work, i love your progrss on this. will i get to see it in person at akaroa?????
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Ivan
Datsun Nutter

Post by Ivan »

Got these today. Much better than the Australian made ones I have. If anyone is looking to buy headers for their L series six cylinder, I would recommend them to buy them off this guy. Trademe user name (jedsplace)
Last edited by Ivan on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsun 260c

fletch
Financial Member

Post by fletch »

looks good.
how well do the headers clear the steering?