Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Post by gingofthesouth »

Datto_610 wrote:Will have a hunt around at work for some scrap ali sheet. I'll make a cardboard template to start with.
Was worth a shot. Too many times I have seen somebody use the illumination line as the earth. The reason they do that is the illumination line works as an earth when the lights are off. When you turn the lights on, the line goes live and usually blows the dash (and often the rear lights) fuse. Seemed logical since when you talked about illumination and lights :)
My orangatang 510 here.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha all good man.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Fuck yea moeman55 i know whats happening next
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha shhhhh! In other news I made up a blanking plate for the gap next to the head unit out of some 2mm ali I found at work then gave the face a bit of linish snd then got it anodised satin black. Looks pretty swish! Image

braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Damn that looks tight! I'd love my Datsun blanking plate finished in the same colour/finish!

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

That R30s rat as bro, just roll it like that. It's a pity it's only an R180 but you got the sweet plastic rocker cover!
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

I think it is the OCD in me but the head unit is mounted crooked :lol:

Otherwise looking good :)
My orangatang 510 here.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Alright time to let the cat out of the bag. I bought a burnt out R30 coupe on trade me because it was cheap and had some good bits left on it. All manual conversion parts minus gearbox, struts and heaps of other bits and bobs. Didn't have a diff or axles unfortunately but that's all good. Spent the last week stripping it out with help from Karl and Bart, she's off to the scrap man this week and I now have bigger pile of parts in my garage haha. Manual conversion won't happen till after the 180b is done anyway here is a few pics of haggard as skyline lol
uploadfromtaptalk1379320694531.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1379320694531.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1379320618999.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Looking forward to taking this to Akaroa next weekend, will be my first ever Akaroa cruise in my own Datsun! It's not quite the 180B but I'm still pining pretty hard for it. Going to get the tyres for the B.bombs balanced this week and slap them on for the weekend. Track day should be pretty fun too!
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

She survived her Akaroa debut.... just.... Need to take a look at the cooling system as the old L24 was getting a tad warm up the hills, after stopping at the hill top pub I popped the bonnet and the overflow was full and was 'peeing' out the of pin hole in the overflow cap. Was fine on the way down into Akaroa, but got a little warm again up the summit rd but once I got a bit of downhill action she cooled down and stayed cool. Bleed the radiator again yesterday hope that helps. Also was getting some pretty bad shuddering from the brakes at high speeds whipped a wheel off yesterday and found the cause well two causes.... The spigot on the wheel is bigger than my hub so need hubcentric rings also the rotors are absolutely naffed! Hope BNT have a listing for C31 front rotors! If not I do have another set of R30 struts so will use the rotors off them If need be. All in all she went alright, is screaming for a manual conversion though as track day was not quite as fun with the slush box. That can wait though 180 is getting closer!

This exhaust muffler is from the R30 I stripped out will most likely slap it on the Laurel as it looks a bit sportier and even looks like it will be a breeze to fit just need to rope someone into welding it on for me.