Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Post by DJZ »

I can lend you an amp if you want? I've got a Sony one I haven't used in ages.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

torqued wrote:I wouldn't even bother with that,
Just subscribe to Itunes Match
iTunes match is for streaming (actually it downloads it to the iPod/iPhone and plays it locally and keeps the copy) from the inter webs. You then have to get it form the iDevice to the speakers. So you would need the AirPort express to stream it wirelessly to the amp, or just an RCA to 3.5mm cable but 30 meter range is awesome lol
My orangatang 510 here.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Will update tomorrow with success/fail

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

gingofthesouth wrote:
torqued wrote:I wouldn't even bother with that,
Just subscribe to Itunes Match
iTunes match is for streaming (actually it downloads it to the iPod/iPhone and plays it locally and keeps the copy) from the inter webs. You then have to get it form the iDevice to the speakers. So you would need the AirPort express to stream it wirelessly to the amp, or just an RCA to 3.5mm cable but 30 meter range is awesome lol
Just bolt a USB powered/charged AirPlay speaker into the car :P No amp (as such), no wires (other than to charge/remain charged), and next to no setup time (and can be removed for beach trips haha). If I had seen this sooner, could have given you one I got for free with my laptop :D

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Ok so I decided to cut original stereo surround to make a new on fit. Came out pretty good will just need to make a blanking plate to cover where the tape deck goes. So acquired a new JVC stereo after work from ripco yesterday was on special too so added bonus. Preceded to do the wiring when I got home but couldn't track down a constant power wire, got everything else sorted but managed to find a wire this morning. For some odd reason the rear speakers were only powered by the tape deck and the front speaker(not speakers only has one for some other odd reason) being run from the radio. So got all that sorted tested it out and after a while the head unit displays this message. "Miswiring Chk wiring" checked everything again all looked ok. Even tried 2 other power feeds. What's happening is the lights that light up the heater controls when headlights are on are going when I plug the stereo in even though headlights are off. So I switched the headlights on and off to turn those heater control lights off which is when I get miswiring message??? It's doing my head in spent ages trying to figure it out!
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Datto_610 wrote:Ok so I decided to cut original stereo surround to make a new on fit. Came out pretty good will just need to make a blanking plate to cover where the tape deck goes. So acquired a new JVC stereo after work from ripco yesterday was on special too so added bonus. Preceded to do the wiring when I got home but couldn't track down a constant power wire, got everything else sorted but managed to find a wire this morning. For some odd reason the rear speakers were only powered by the tape deck and the front speaker(not speakers only has one for some other odd reason) being run from the radio. So got all that sorted tested it out and after a while the head unit displays this message. "Miswiring Chk wiring" checked everything again all looked ok. Even tried 2 other power feeds. What's happening is the lights that light up the heater controls when headlights are on are going when I plug the stereo in even though headlights are off. So I switched the headlights on and off to turn those heater control lights off which is when I get miswiring message??? It's doing my head in spent ages trying to figure it out!
Most likely you are using the dash illumination line as the earth line.... First thing i would do is just run the earth to the metal shroud and see if that works.
My orangatang 510 here.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Fixed! Tried your suggestion Ging but no avail. Went to see my step dad who is pretty clued up with electrical shizz even he couldn't work out why it was playing up. So he said to un wire all the speakers to eliminate those from the equation. After removing speakers out of the wiring everything was fine. I then realised that even though there was only one front speaker, there looked there was wires for another non exisitant front speaker, so I hooked that up to the stereo so if I added another speaker at a later date the wiring was all sorted but guess those wires are not for another speaker because with them disconnected everything works as it should so yay. Only took me the whole weekend to do it haha. Also got some Sony 4" speakers for the rear as they fitted into the speaker boxes that were already in the car and were cheap. Yay I actually have music now. Just need to make something to block that gap up.

85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Greg, a nice wee bit of flat alloy would look super factory in there with your flat black anodizing trick it would almost look like part of the grille.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Congrats dude! I finally have a head unit and speakers wired up too, so looking forward to the Akaroa cruise and pumping out some sick beats :P *doof doof*

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Will have a hunt around at work for some scrap ali sheet. I'll make a cardboard template to start with.