Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Post by classicdat »

Put it on the list, wanna do it one lunch next week?
Datsuns from A to Zed
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

I just borrowed a trick snap on timing light from work an did the timing on the l26 it was way out and it has a digital tachometer so got the idle revs down to perfect 650 even with new thermostat these tend to be shit cold. Youll also want to readjust the tappets before doing the timing.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Huge thanks to James for doing the brake pads for me while I was busy getting the CA ready for test fire. Found a few unsettling things while James was doing brake pads, both front wheel bearings were quite loose :? split tie rod end boots (didn't get pulled up on this but will fix at a later date) one of the wheel studs on passengers side front hub is shorter than the others :? That's all that I can remember James may be able to comment if there is anything else.

Vaughan lunchtime wouldn't really suit me as I only get a 30min break and wouldn't have time to get your place fix everything up then make it back to work. I do however finish at 2pm on fridays so let me know if that works for you.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Tie rod ends L & R need replaced
Ball joints on the drag link ? ( the big long one that goes from side to side ) L & R need replaced
Rear Brakes need bled heaps

How did it drive today Greg ?
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Pretty good James apart from stalling when cold all the time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Alrighty! A few weeks back I took the old girl to see the L series master Vaughan(Classicdat), we changed spark plugs fitted new points, set dwell and adjusted timing. She runs so much sweeter now. Does not run terribly from cold any more although still needs a decent warm up in the mornings otherwise she'll stall at intersections etc. Also for the Hanmer cruise not so long ago I decided to fit the B-Bombs from the 180B for the fun of it. Can definitely go wider all round quite easily! Wheels are in need of a balance though as I was getting some nasty vibrations through the steering wheel at high speeds which in turn made my right front wheel bearing quite noisey. Replaced wheel bearing on Sunday and re-fitted factory wheels. Did get some shots of the B-Bombs on though look pretty good on there, and before anyone says anything. YES I KNOW IT NEEDS MORE SLAM!! So may look into finding some rims for her at some stage and touch of low. But 180 is the priority right now.

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Have also scored some twin SU carbs from Ivan(Rblover) which I will clean up and rebuild before fitting to the old L24. Should put a bit more go into her!

Also got another cam cover which I will polish up before installing, got to have a bit of bling under the hood.

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

After nearly a year of possession I've finally got motivated to get some decent sounds in this old girl. So on my lunch break I removed the stereo surround to see if the face plate that holds the am radio was removable. It's not :cry: it's actually part of the mount itself. So to put in an aftermarket stereo I'll have to cut out the plastic for it to fit thus making it non original.... thoughts? My other idea was just to have an amp under the seat running some speakers and have all music controlled by my ipod but amps are not cheap and a bit more mucking around with wiring. Keep in mind I pretty much want something in there this weekend ready for the OS Hanmer trip the following weekend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Datto_610 wrote:After nearly a year of possession I've finally got motivated to get some decent sounds in this old girl. So on my lunch break I removed the stereo surround to see if the face plate that holds the am radio was removable. It's not :cry: it's actually part of the mount itself. So to put in an aftermarket stereo I'll have to cut out the plastic for it to fit thus making it non original.... thoughts? My other idea was just to have an amp under the seat running some speakers and have all music controlled by my ipod but amps are not cheap and a bit more mucking around with wiring. Keep in mind I pretty much want something in there this weekend ready for the OS Hanmer trip the following weekend.

Amp and an AirPort base station to wirelessly send music to your car from 30 meters away :D
My orangatang 510 here.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

I wouldn't even bother with that,
Just subscribe to Itunes Match
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."