Dadams VB110 of rust

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Dadams VB110 of rust

Post by dadams »

kobyn wrote:Hey bro love the 4age engines have a mate who has one in his 1200 race car goes hard
Just wondering if you still have Shaun from masterton number if that we're this wag came from ? Trying to sus some spares for my rally car

Yea dude, wag came from Shaun and his number is one Nick posted above..

If you make it out his ways have a look at the blue 1200 wagon, that shit be pretty damn sweet, wish I never sold it to him!!
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Dadams VB110 of rust

Post by kobyn »

Thanks guys got hold of shaun bloody top man went over and checked out his collection holly shit still can't believe what I just seen 1200 heavn
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Haha yea bro, hes a bloody top guy old Shaun with a good, healthy dose of the Datsun bug!
Totally recommend dealing with him if your after any 1200 related bits.

Did he have what you were looking for?
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Dadams VB110 of rust

Post by kobyn »

Yeah got 4 spare doors and a mint as roof just a ass end away from a whole spare car now
I did ask to check out wagon but was at another shed
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Bit of a boring picture less update..

Got rid of battery tray today, grinded that shit out and decided it would be a great idea to grind off the tip of my finger too (so thats why grinders have a guard on them?!?)
Removed the last of the wiring, brake lines and fuel lines so now shell is 100% bare and ready for blasting. Down side to that is having zero dollars untill march due to being uber focused to being debt free in the new year, so from now untill then she will sit on the down low.. Also remove all sound deadening to inspect state of floor and tunnel. As to be predicted the floor is totally rooted on both sides, tunnel is mint though, but that doesn't help much as that will be fucking off to make way for a W series g box..

Next step is get it blasted in the new year to say get F to all rust and then concentrate on rust repairs. An being a little bit hopeful but the goal is to have panel work done and ready for bog/prime/paint by the end of next year....

Aghhh soooooo many rusts!
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Dadams VB110 of rust

Post by kobyn »

I'm runing the cheaper g series box bloody good strong box that picked mine up for a box of piss haha no modifying my tunnel to
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

kobyn wrote:I'm runing the cheaper g series box bloody good strong box that picked mine up for a box of piss haha no modifying my tunnel to
Ohhh damn, that could be an idea to look at. Was going to go with a T50 but for the price you pay for them (almost as much as a W) I figured I may as well just do it once and do it right. T50 would last for a good amount of time but I will be turbo charging this within a few years of it being back on the road so want to future proof it for more horses, plus it make sense to do tunnel now while it needs floors etc rather then revisiting it a few years down the track..

Cheers tho bro, will have a look into to G series and see what I can find out!
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Dadams VB110 of rust

Post by kobyn »

I couldn't see the difference between w and g visually? I got a w series bell housing adapter to fit the g
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Pic less update..

Not alot new to report, removed front valance today as it was shit and fuck, grinder out abit of rust around the fuel filler door to prevent spreading, drank a whole bunch of 8% woodys and went and hit some bmx dirt jumps.... So an ok day!

Must get blasted.. Must get new wielder...

Both of the above best happen soon. Super keen to actually start making so forward progress on this..
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

dadams wrote:drank a whole bunch of 8% woodys and went and hit some bmx dirt jumps.... So an ok day!
Could possibly save enough money for blasting etc by swapping to blue Diesels/Billy Mavericks? Or Mad Jack's if you're in the Wairarapa.