2 doors 1200 coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

2 doors 1200 coupe

Post by 2 doors »

Right well as some of you know I have been sanding my finger tips off, while sorting out the rust and paint on grant76,s 1200 sedan, early on at the start of the job, grant mentioned that he might consider selling his coupe, as he didnt use it much, which got me thinking that I had always been on the look out for a decent example to restore to factoryish specs, standard body with tidy paint some period wheels and jdm guard mirrors, so the deal was struck and I now own a very solid example, with all the hard work done, grant has put some time and expense into this already.
It is sporting new shocks all round all new bushes, king springs? in the front, new window rubber front and rear, new 185/50/14 tyres jdm guard mirrors gearbox is tight, motor screams and its a joy to drive , cant get the smile off my face.
plans are to re-spray in a variation of the original colour, recon the motor, and deals are being done that may see a stroked a12 out to 1400 , I jumped on some hitachi carbs in chch with a lynx manifold, and a set of extractors and 1.75 inch exhaust will round things off.
there is no rust for me to practice on and apart from a shabby black paint job and some scrapes and dings (why do people always jump on the roofs of these things) the body is devoid of any smash repairs.

anyway :useless: sooooo
Last edited by 2 doors on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Re: 2 doors kb110

Post by Tony_Whenua »

:drool: dude i cant wait for labour weekend! will this be available for a perv/drive by convoy?
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

this will be my chariot from north to south :burnout: so will be parked up your drive in 19 days time
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

2 doors wrote:this will be my chariot from north to south :burnout: so will be parked up your drive in 19 days time
this quote actually made me smile/laugh (I hate acronym's (spelling)) ... :D haha :highfive:
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Nice score! Good looking coupe!
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

awesome wall. bet you stoked to have a driving datsun
fangadan

Post by fangadan »

holy crap i want! haha good score wal.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

fangadan wrote:holy crap i want! haha good score wal.
just a right place right time, and a deal that suited both partys, there are many hours represented in the ownership of this.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

small update, although this has taken 2 days to get to this stage, it has involved many many hours of wet sanding starting with 600 grit then onto 1000 before finishing with a 1500 grit, and following that its been about 4 hours on the buff, but the result is worth it, besides im retired so what else is there to do during kids school holidays :lol:

BEFORE

AFTER

and many more hours spent on these

hopefully from a distance, a blind man might mistake them for streetfins lol
nzdatman
Financial Member

Re: 2 doors 1200 coupe

Post by nzdatman »

Looking sweet mate! Love the sunny badges. Get those wheels on pronto and post more pics!