DJZ's other 280ZXs

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: DJZ's other 280ZXs

Post by DJZ »

SRCooper wrote:This is gonna sound so good with the ITB's do you think the tunnel will be big enough to fit the 6 speed? i have about 10mm clearance with the ls1. And i recommend rack and pinion steering its not worth the headache making headers to clear the powerbox style.
I don't think the Nissan 6 speeds are too much bigger than an RB25DET box which is what's in the black car, that's tight but not too tight. This was a factory manual rack car but I'm planning to use everything out the Laurel that I can, the Z power rack stuff is hard to find and all the steering bits on the Laurel were new when I replaced the rack.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If you want to borrow a recipro saw to cut up the lolrel you're welcome to borrow mine.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Bartman wrote:If you want to borrow a recipro saw to cut up the lolrel you're welcome to borrow mine.
I thought an axe was your speciality Bart?
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It was.
But the recipro saw isn't as hard on the shoulders.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Have dropped all the bits I think I need out of the Laurel, just trying to decide whether it's worth cutting the mounting studs for the rear subframe out of the body or not.

When the body of the Laurel is gone I'll probably look at putting both of the other Z's in front of the garage so I can dick around with them at the same time, it would be interesting to try and get the subframes in the car sometime soon - I've got no more 5 stud wheels though so might have to find some steelies.

I haven't really thought about what wheels I'd like to put on it, it depends on how much wider it is with the new rear subframe in it, I think I'm going to put flares on this one. The wheels will probably end up being 17s again, I've always liked Enkei RPF1s but the offsets were never good for a Z. I'll do some measuring and see how much wider it is. This guy has double or maybe triple stacked spacers on the back of this to get them to sit right.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

I've been mucking around with some modelling of the VK45 manifold flanges, thought I'd see how an adaptor to the RB26 throttles would work, this is at 20mm thick, I don't think the transition is too bad, I could probably go a little bit taller, maybe 25mm. I think with an adaptor like that, the throttle bodies and then trumpets it would still be well under the height of the factory inlet manifold.

Excuse the horrible lofting, this was basically plonking one flange on top of the other. I'd still need to figure out how to work the injectors into the mix, maybe full race spec with stand off injectors?

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

DJZ wrote:ull race spec with stand off injectors?
I vote for this
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Man thats looking cool.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Now if I could just liberate one of these from work I'd be 90% there.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Wicked stuff