TUFDAT Datsun 120Y - Now in Hibernation.

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Re: Lisa and Brockys TUFDAT 120Y

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Good stuff dude!
Looks really good in there!
Go the mighty CA!!
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Got my VL Fuel pump inthe post yesterday, all goood. making up the mount for that tomorrow and also mounted a battery box in the boot. Im going to cut the base off a factory sivia airbox (cheers Brendan) in the factory battery location, having it mounted so it looks factory but should act like a pody. Will get a K&N Panel for it so it can be washed etc. This is so i dont hav to make a cold-air box for a pod.

Anyone got any ideas where to get larger fuels line from as im told i need to go bigger and change the outlet on the fueltank.
Going to run the return line into one of the breather outlets on top of the tank (as it seemed to work fine in my old rallycar.)
Also whats the go with fuel filters - what type/size/how many. Was thinking of running one under the car next to the pump and another just before the engine in the factory datsun spot.

Have been thinking about the poor standard diff. im going to run with it to start with :shock: :o :shock: :lol: . If ( or should i say when) it blows il throw in a super cool welded up type LSD :lol: :lol: just until the CHCH boys get a hold of it and hook us up with a hilux unit aye.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If you have lots of money, you'll slot in a 1200 ute diff, and get a topgear centre for it. Not a cheap option though.......
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

Radiator half mounted now. just need the 2 brackets for the top and an overflow bottle (will a Coke bottle be bro enuf). engine mounts are taked in, next step to takeengine out again rip out crosmember and hav it full welded, thanks to the neigbour. yay its getting there.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

awesome stuff brocky im just loving all the action on this site, makes me want go out and get going on mine again, well done on the engine conversion, looks mint.
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

thanks wal - engine back out tonight - crossmemer tomorrow - cant believe how much clearance there is in a 120y, engine and box will hav to come out as one everytime thou - not planning to take it out every weekend thou, so far no tunnel or firewall mods on a manual sedan body - only the cut out for shifter.
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

little bit of an ubdate, gearbox and engine crossmembers all ok'd with the cert guy :D :D . painted it up today, will post some picks up on the weekend with the engine etc back in for good, moooaahhahahahaha.
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

Little bit of paint, hav bolted the engine one in, been doing a bit of sorting at home tomorrow hopefully engine in for good.
what do you rekon guys, i know it looks a bit MADDAT - but it was the easy ist way for non engineers.
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Post by cheater_5 »

shoulda painted them bright orange or something :lol:
Looking good man
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

brocky41 wrote:Little bit of paint, hav bolted the engine one in, been doing a bit of sorting at home tomorrow hopefully engine in for good.
what do you rekon guys, i know it looks a bit MADDAT - but it was the easy ist way for non engineers.
I reckon it looks great , nice and simple, and without the maddat price tag :) keep the pics coming.