TUFDAT Datsun 120Y - Now in Hibernation.

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
cul8r
Regular
aka: Chris

Re: Lisa and Brockys TUFDAT 120Y

Post by cul8r »

Man thats a lump and a half! Bit more room to play there though!

Is the clutch slave cylinder and booster in the way of the plenum at the moment? Looks like you've got quite a long way you can sling it back too.

Time for the Adjustibles into the instead?
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Bartman wrote:Best 120Y ever!
Also, I always say this, but be sure to mount your engine with the steering on full lock. That way you can be sure that after the engine is mounted, the drag link wont foul on the sump when you steer the car. This is especially true if you notch out the xmember to aid slinging the engine lower in the bay, to get the C O G lower.

Yep we did that by mistake with the CA conversion, just glad to get rid of all those inherent problems that you get with CA's. Plus u spend big $$ for not much gain.

Fj all the way
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Man you'd have heaps more room with a rota cuz, yeah bae, put up some pics of your new project ow
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Careful brocky, You'll get banned from the club for such blasphemous comments!
You all know how much they love the CA round this here parts :lol:
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

nick_m wrote:Careful brocky, You'll get banned from the club for such blasphemous comments!
:lol: :lol: You tell 'em Brocky!
jas1200
Datsun Driver
aka: Jas

Post by jas1200 »

Far out....what sort of h/p are you going for with this thing?....I think these motors are good for 300-400 h/p.
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

jas1200 wrote:Far out....what sort of h/p are you going for with this thing?....I think these motors are good for 300-400 h/p.
Ill run it up factory power to start with but will run it up with more fuel and air eventually and i want to crack 400hp atw.

It will be a weapon but will be a track / hillclimb car eventually so it will be a handfull. Its what ive always wanted though - this guy is my inspiration - Just light her up for the crowd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoKd35tVtrM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oBaapUaElw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He went on to build this - which shane van gisbergan drives when hes over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-Vp ... =endscreen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

nick_m wrote:Careful brocky, You'll get banned from the club for such blasphemous comments!
Yea i could start another war but i can talk as ive had my fair share of problems with the CA, but i wont.

Heres my past experiance though,

More heater hoses / heated lines than you can poke a stick at, most of which were removed then still had issues later on, then the seals - well 3 front crank seals, 3 rear gearbox seals, 1 x front gearbox seal and one rear main - all at various times. Dont even get me started on the front pulley saga - RB guys will know what i mean aswell. oh and after that theres the 3 gearboxes i went through DE and DET ones and the Headgaskets (every Ca WILL blow a heady at somestage) which is where i pulled the pin.

Hopefully once built right once the FJ will be alot of fun for a alot of time lol

Just moving on to bigger and better things - Figurativly(?) and Literally.
jas1200
Datsun Driver
aka: Jas

Post by jas1200 »

Yep, it'll be handfull alright and do skids just like your inspiration......Get into it...make it happen.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

brocky41 wrote:
Yea i could start another war but i can talk as ive had my fair share of problems with the CA, but i wont.

Heres my past experiance though,

More heater hoses / heated lines than you can poke a stick at, most of which were removed then still had issues later on, then the seals - well 3 front crank seals, 3 rear gearbox seals, 1 x front gearbox seal and one rear main - all at various times. Dont even get me started on the front pulley saga - RB guys will know what i mean aswell. oh and after that theres the 3 gearboxes i went through DE and DET ones and the Headgaskets (every Ca WILL blow a heady at somestage) which is where i pulled the pin.

Hopefully once built right once the FJ will be alot of fun for a alot of time lol

Just moving on to bigger and better things - Figurativly(?) and Literally.
I am so excited to see this going! :burnout:
My orangatang 510 here.