The daliy driver 510

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
chris_g1
Committee Members

Re: The daliy driver 510

Post by chris_g1 »

Just a little bit mate how's the coupe ?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

the saying "down the rabbit hole" definitely applies to your rust repairs......
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Hey guys good to see there's been a lot happening on the forum

I've just got my password sorted Thanks to Brassy ( Thanks again mate )
So sadly I had to pick my other 510 up from the panel beater 18 months and this is how it looks now and most the work that has been done ( the grunt work ) was done by myself . Dad and I a gutted but we still have a spare datsun to drive anyway but I do miss my car . So here's a few pictures were hoping to have it done next year when Datsport come over finger crossed .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It has come a really long way!
Keep chipping away at her.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

18 months to get this far's a joke that's why dad and I went and picked it up now we have new plans for it bart.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Looks like it has good bones. Hope you can get another panelbeater on to it soon!
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Broke I'm going to do it myself and just get it finished off and painted by someone else now. Then the only person that can let me down is myself hahahaha i'll be ripping into it soon
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

It annoys me when I here story's of workshops taking on jobs when they know they are already over commited, gives the industry a bad name.Good on you for doing it yourself , I'm sure you will do a good job.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Hey Wal yeah unlike yourself this guy had about 10 jobs on the go we never saw him finish anything major but he was glad to bag the panel beater who did our orange car. If its ok ill give you a call just need a bit of advice re the build big plans ahead for the blue car. I'm struggling to find any good things that the guy did on my car he did what he wanted and we never asked for it to be striped right down or to be left in the rain outside too. Dads been busy finding bits because we had to leave bits at the shop when we repoed it we still don't everything that missing the biggest thing is a mint set of tail lights and the Datsun 1600 badges too.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

If you're interested in giving someone else a try for panel work, Hot Rod Heaven just reopened in Palmy.

Gareth is a good guy, and he's looking at moving into doing Japanese stuff as well. I imagine he won't have 1000 projects in there just yet.