ATchernv - 120Y Sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Re: ATchernv - 120Y Sedan

Post by darrenwilson »

Nice Datto :) what are your specs on the wheels and Engine ??
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
atchernv
Regular

Post by atchernv »

darrenwilson wrote:Nice Datto :) what are your specs on the wheels and Engine ??
Thanks man, engine is the standard a12 (I'm very eager to replace it with an a15 at some stage), wheels are 13 by 6 I believe, cant see any branding but the guy I bought them off said they were "Wildcats"
Datsun-less
atchernv
Regular

Post by atchernv »

Some new toys in the mail

One of the screws on the headlight retainers had its head rusted/worn away, so I attacked it with a drill

Had to drill a new hole afterwards as that one was in a very awkward place to reach, wound up pointing the drill slightly sideways and took out the side of the screw hole.

Next stop wing mirrors so I can parallel park a bit safer when its dark and raining sideways in Wellington!

(Also the previous rust int he doors has now been sanded out and filled over with the help of a workmate, was going to do a cut and weld but he couldn't get use of the Weltec workshop in the end as too many student had failed their exams and were redoing them in there lol.. either way, all WOFed now)
Datsun-less
atchernv
Regular

Post by atchernv »

Getting a few more small things together: the plan is to attend Akaroa for the first time in the as-is/bogan-spec-light state before I go on to putting more elaborate restoration plans into action (dont have the funds atm for any of that anyway)

I have touched up and reattached the badges on the rear columns and re-acquired a pirate flag for long journeys (dont trust the drunks in Welly not to break it off again)

I also now have wing mirrors, which are mostly for show just now, aligning them to get a decent rear view has proved too much for me in the current spot. I plan to move them to the fenders later, maybe have more luck there.

Another "upgrade" is my gear knob;

And Charles the Shrunken Head, who has been with me for many months now.
Those sagging seat covers Im planning to take down before Akaroa, just let the torn seats hang out in all their glory

The most useful (most boring) thing Ive actually done is to get a jack and spare wheel, have been driving around without one for two years :shock:
Datsun-less
atchernv
Regular

Post by atchernv »

There I was driving home after just getting a warrant, thinking about brake upgrades when the kid in the Impreza in front of me decided to stop short for no apparent reason.

Now this happened.

Quite a bit to fix there.. safe to say she wont be driving around for a while :(
Looking into a replacement daily driver for the cost of a packet of chips at the moment until I can gather enough funds to fix this mess
Datsun-less
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

:(

Tough break mate. sorry to see the carnage and hear your bad news.
Looks like you have quite a bit to sort that out, and no doubt a WRX to have to cover as well.

Keep your chin up mate, shit happens unfortunately. Not much you can do about it.
atchernv
Regular

Post by atchernv »

Back on the road, sort of
after much time its gone from this

to this

but somehow some of the dash electrics dont work and the indicators misbehave, and yesterday on my drive back from work the alternator decided to give up at an intersection.. one AA call out and a tow truck later its now sitting back on my street ready to be pushed downhill to a mechanic next I have time..
Datsun-less
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Good to see it back together again :thumbsup:

How hard was the headlight mesh to get?
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

Akaroa in no time!!! :burnout:
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

at a guess, id say maybe an earth issue for the indicator, and alternator/voltage regulater could be the issue with the dash