Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: Datto_610's 180B

Post by Datto_610 »

Small update, have bolted steering and engine crossmember back in so i can get my adjustables sorted out, just waiting to get some money together to get parts i need. Have also bolted rear crossmember and LSD R180 in the back. Just need money and my project can move forward!!

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Update on the suspension front, my good friend who is an engineer turned down my shock inserts to fit the new spring seat. Got some action shots in as well.Just need to work out where to mount sleeve get it welded then buy springs. Almost done!! Then ill start on brakes.... Luckily i was given a pair of 280mm front vented discs for nothin!!! Im stoked about that. Next week my mate is going to turn down my front hubs so my discs can fir over them. Once thats all done ill need calipers and to get a bracket made yay.

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Updates Updates Updates!!!
Got my new bearings today, from South Island Bearings got a damn good deal from them too :D

Installed new bearings into rear arms, then proceeded to bolt arms to rear crossmember.
Now i have no springs in at the moment (dont worry ill get some when im richer) so out of curiosity i wanted to see how she would sit just with the shocks. To my amazement incredibly low!!!!! Got some pics enjoy... Oh also if theres anyone out there who would like to use there photoshopping skills on my car go for it! would love to see how she'd look with some JDM rims on :D

Image.

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

More updates!! My mate turned down my hubs so i could fit my 280mm discs on, did a bloody good job was stoked with his work. Also picked up some S15 single pots off trade me, did a test fit on the disc and it doesnt look like a bracket will need much work to make. May enlist the Bartman's help for that. Might have to put things on hold for a bit spending wise but ill try and chip away at a few things.

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Wow its been over 2 months sincer my las post! :shock: Well i busy at it today mounting my front mount. Had to grind a bit off the back of the grill for it to fit nice but you can only notice it if your close up. Anway heres some pics!! :D :D

Now you see it
Now you dont :D :D :D

Im in the process of sorting my rear axles out shouldnt be too far away so i can get them shortned and resplined! Also my caliper brackets shouldnt be too far away if Bart's managed to sort something with Nick for a cad drawing. So its all go then! Will try and stay more on top of my updates than what i have.
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

Wow, you work fast, love the action shots. Some nice work going on there, must be time someone organised another garage day.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

awesome work greg, atleast someone is doing something
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah another garage day would be great!
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Glad I was able to be apart of this. To see the look on your face when I turned up with it on the trailer was priceless aye, considering we had never meet before. I should have taken a picture when I had to go over the pass and there was all this white fluffy stuff around aye.
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.