Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Post by Godzilladat »

https://www.rceng.com/ can probably supply new injectors if you ever go that route. They supplied some for 2 of my fj20's and have good support.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

An injector service is only around 100 by a shop.
Car goes bloody well too.
I got to drive it from Picton to murchison on our return trip from the north island. Also got to fang her in a grasskhana too. Real testament to how awesome Gregs friends are! lol
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Bartman wrote:An injector service is only around 100 by a shop.
Car goes bloody well too.
I got to drive it from Picton to murchison on our return trip from the north island. Also got to fang her in a grasskhana too. Real testament to how awesome Gregs friends are! lol
Goes hard for what it is?
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Goes bloody hard for what it is! I have managed to find a seal kit at work but yet to fit them and double check everything is right. I'm going to rig up my own little injector cleaning rig as well
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I haven't done anything to this lately except drive it and even then hardly that either! My band played a show in Timaru last night so we took the 180 down for the hell of it. Gearbox is getting a wee bit noisy but nothing to worry about for the mean time. We left Timaru around 12.30am and not even 100m away from the bar I see flashing lights... oh crap.... When we left the bar my dash lights weren't working which was odd as they had been on the way down. Also when I left the bar I may have used the fun pedal a little excessively... not enough to spin a wheel but had me worried when I saw the flashing lights behind me. So cop comes to the window and says the reason she pulled me over was my tail light's weren't going and that I could be green stickered due to being unsafe etc etc. She was super reasonable and asked if I was able to fix it lent me her torch etc. All fuses looked ok so was pretty stumped for bit then jiggled some wires under the dash and the tail lights and dash lights came back on! She breath tested me got some license details off me and sent me on my way back home. Was the first time I'd been pulled over in this so was kind of exciting haha. The lights going out still has me stumped though as we had no issues the rest of the trip.. this did happen a while ago when I was prepping for cert and I took it to a sparky who "fixed it" guess not...

Scored this sweet roof rack off Simon today too which I'm fizzing to mount properly. Just need some rubber feet or some such and some way to attach and hold it down!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Obviously a loose connection somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah will have to have a looksey sometime. Glad I got it going as I don't know what I would've done otherwise..

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Toilet Plungers, just pull the handles out. They won't suction the thing down, but will protect the roof
Datsuns from A to Zed
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Oh yeah that's an idea!

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I thought I'd better get the 4.1 R200 I have in the garage built up before nats, it's a long way up to be driving at high rpm!

I've had the diff for a while hoping to find a mechanical centre for it but I've never had the money to spend on one so it's been in the garage for while.. with nats coming up very soon I thought I'd better just get another viscous lsd so I can just take the 4.3 out and swap the 4.1 in, easy! Picked up a shortnose viscous R200 off trade me this morning, a bit disappointed as I don't think it's as tight as the center that I have in already :(. Got both diffs on my work bench and started taking them apart. Could only get as far as taking the end caps off, the centre's seem pretty stuck in there. I haven't taken one apart in years so I've forgotten how I did my first one haha.

Now the 4.1 longnose I have has a welded center which I might put back in the shortnose housing then flick it off, it's also rather rusty.... The shortnose I picked up today is also 4.1 ratio. Am I able to use the shortnose crown wheel in the longnose housing?? Same ratio crown wheel, same diameter crownwheel, should fit right? Would make things so much easier! I'd replace the side bearings and maybe pinion bearing before putting it all back together too even though they are super expensive.. If I manage to get the center's out I'll measure them up etc but if someone knew for sure that would be mean. ImageImageImageImage