Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Kitch
Financial Member

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Running Again!

Post by Kitch »

talk to the fella at circle track, he subs' out staked joints to a guy in Auckland to get redone.
cost about $170 each from memory.
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

pretty sure circle track just welds washers as mentioned previously, At least a heap of them I have seen previously did. Also heard a rumor technically its not certifiable. They may still be able to stake them like kitch said.
Circle Track are cheaper than MS Coombes by quite a bit last drive shaft we got made was anyway
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

James took it upon himself to call Justin Neil Engineering for me yesterday to get a price for my driveshaft, is going to be heaps cheaper than MS Combes and can still reuse the parts I already have. Went in and saw Justin today he is going to give me a final price and call me tomorrow. They will be welding washers in as previously talked about and I asked about cert and he said it will be fine. Should be moving on her own power in a few weeks!!

P.s Thanks James!
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Datto_610 wrote:James took it upon himself to call Justin Neil Engineering for me yesterday to get a price for my driveshaft, is going to be heaps cheaper than MS Combes and can still reuse the parts I already have. Went in and saw Justin today he is going to give me a final price and call me tomorrow. They will be welding washers in as previously talked about and I asked about cert and he said it will be fine. Should be moving on her own power in a few weeks!!

P.s Thanks James!
Haha, no worries, I'm looking forward to the mighty B driving its CA18DET intercooled 5 speed, R200 LSD filled goodness onto the trailer :D

And i don't want to fix my car on the driveway.......
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Intercooler pipes all fitted up and plumbed up cold start/idle control. Had a sneaky run of the engine because I got excited about ic pipes being fitted and after I shut it off noticed oil dripping from the rear of the engine :s could be the rear crank seal lame! Oh well test fitted up the driveshaft loop I got off kitch it's going to need a bit of modding by cutting some of the excess steel off so it fits into the tunnel to work but that's cool. Also tried to play around with my front brake brackets and looks like I'm going to need to grind a smidgen off the steering arm for the bottom hole to line up sigh more issues but still soldiering on!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Should hopefully have the driveshaft back this week too!

joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Post by joelbrown »

Adding bump steer spacers would probably fix that steering arm fouling on the caliper adaptor,
Unless im mistaken
1990 1200 ute
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

joelbrown wrote:Adding bump steer spacers would probably fix that steering arm fouling on the caliper adaptor,
Unless im mistaken
I like the way you think Joel, Greg I would be cautious about cutting into a steering are, I can't imagine the Certifier would look to kindly on it. Although I am neither a certifier or ever had a car certed, others would know a lot more than I.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I am planning to use bump steer spacers anyway so that could work. But was thinking last night I could swap the struts around and hopefully that will clear everything.

85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Weather you swap your struts around or not, bump steer spacers should be done anyway. Before i fitted them my Z was a bit of a wandery pig, after fitment it was like driving a whole new car.And a bump steer spacer will also help the fact that it only aligns up on the bolts as the center locator's don't touch anything.

I think i found some to suit your struts for about $100 on some website.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30