The 69er 510

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: The 69er 510

Post by gingofthesouth »

DylPhil7 wrote:My wife just said "what is it with Datsun owners and orange" to which I said "just look at this."
Why would she even say that!
:baseballbat:
My orangatang 510 here.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Looking really nice! Did this already have mint bumpers or were they rechromed? And if so, who did you get to do them?
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

The bumpers are as we got them. They have both been rechromed at some stage. The rear one is very straight but if you look closely at the front one there are some ripples where it looks like it may have had some heat applied inconsiderately. Also, there is a small dent on the corner which you can see better if you enlarge the picture. Just double click on it to do. I'd rate it about 90% perfect. I'm actually trying to get the front one off the blue car but Chris is wanting to have something nice on it so for the moment I'll let him think I've given up asking for it.
Cheers for the comments and we are trying hard to get it to Akaroa this year, fingers crossed.
Last edited by chris_g1 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

You might have to think about changing her, obviously doesn't appreciate Datsuns. Haha.
I actually hadn't seen gingeofthesouth's orange paint until after picking this colour which is the same base colour without the metal flake and pearl. It's called " electric orange" and it's a Ford Focus colour. I wonder what we should call our variation, maybe just "orange" because all the electric bits are not there........

Anyway, we like it.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Haha she only said it because I had an orange datsun, gingofthesouth (who's a mate) has an orange one and I was looking at another thread with an orange datsun! Lol

Looks great, would love to see it in person
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

If any of the Datsun people in Christchurch have contacts at NZ post could you please pull some strings > My computer was locked so I sent it down there to be unlocked, we sent it Monday last week and its still not at Advanced Automotive . So if it goes missing We will be coming in the old Blue beast . Hoping it will be there tomorrow .
Last edited by chris_g1 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRDATO
Financial Member
aka: Nic

Post by SRDATO »

Oh no, don't have any contacts sorry but happy to help if you need anything picked up or dropped of anywhere.
MADDAT SR20DET 510 - Sold
94 GTR Skyline 580hp money pit
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

ECU has finally turned up in Chch. 11 Effing days..Wont be using NZ Post again ever...No wonder they're going broke fast.
It will be sorted then back tomorrow delivered by NZCouriers OVERNIGHT...
Naki-Fisher
Regular
aka: Naki

Post by Naki-Fisher »

chris_g1 wrote:Soaking up the rays!!!

Just had a clean and thought, why not, it's a nice day.
Dam that looks nice
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Thanks naki. We are hoping to have it certed soon so you may see it one day in New Plymouth as we've got relatives there and it's a North Island car.