Dmitry's 1981 Nissan Silvia (picture dump)

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dmitry
Regular

Re: Dmitry's 1981 Nissan Silvia (picture dump)

Post by dmitry »

Sorry man, I only have one rear axle from the turbo s110 model. Maybe ask nissan for a caliper rebuild kit?

Haha I never noticed that about the printout!

Cheers man. That way of testing doesnt really work though as it depends on the turbo exh housing too doesnt it? So you would be testing both at once, never the manifold seperately.
dmitry
Regular

Post by dmitry »

Havent actually got much to update other than the last of the rust should be fixed in a month, so the interior can be assembled. I've decided on rear coilover suspension (have seen the cert guy about it ;) ). Also, painted the engine block black, and put the brass frost plugs in. Looked quite nice so I will carry the theme on. Some parts are already at the powdercoaters getting painted! Anyways, sorry no pictures yet.

This thing is pretty cool though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJFzOXFsArg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

dmitry wrote:Sorry man, I only have one rear axle from the turbo s110 model. Maybe ask nissan for a caliper rebuild kit?

Haha I never noticed that about the printout!

Cheers man. That way of testing doesnt really work though as it depends on the turbo exh housing too doesn't it? So you would be testing both at once, never the manifold seperately.
If you used the same turbo on 2 different manifolds it would give you a decent enough indication of what was going on
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Who do you use for your powdercoating? I started using walkers in lismore street, but they haven't reopened after the feb quake.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dmitry
Regular

Post by dmitry »

Haha yea but I dont have the time or motivation to go into that :P I'll just be getting a workmate to make me a manifold up, or worst comes to worst, use the factory one along with a slight nip on the engine mount to clear the turbo.

I'm using Action PowderCoats or something like that in Hornby. Seems like a really good guy and my workmate knows him so got a bit of a discount. Will post the pics up of his work a when I get my stuff back.