My '72 1600 SSS

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: My '72 1600 SSS

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha no prob man, yeah its a pretty sweet job wont be leaving in a hurry. Lookin good too!
1600nz

Post by 1600nz »

Hey bro Im gonna order some stuff off datsport in the next week, you want to add anything in and save freight?
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

So here is an update from a year ago.

Heres John and I bringing the 510 SSS back from Masterton on the car trailer - behind a 2L diesel = very slow and stressful trip. stiff neck for john looking back to make sure it was there on the trailer still the whole way home

This is us waiting for the Ferry

John mulling over where to start

SOOOOOO There is updates to come soon aye john ;) ;)
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

brocky41 wrote:SOOOOOO There is updates to come soon aye john ;) ;)
Umm, there should be eh... you would think so after almost a year... but not much to report other than just buying stuff.. good on you for publicly shaming me for my laziness. I promise I will do more stuff!

Actually, I did con Brock into helping me remove the doors and boot and put them into the spare room so that Hamish can do the interior painting.... and maybe a couple of other small mods that no-one but me knows about yet.
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

Due to having to empty the shed for earthquake repairs I was forced to do something with this. Right now it's at mush's place getting some stuff done:

-Interior paint and seam sealing (I know this should have been done first... it's a long story..)
-Drilling out spot welds and removing the front valance/making it bolt-on instead.
-Painting the slam panel black so you don't see the white through the grille (I really hate seeing the colour through the grille)
-A few previously undiscovered areas needing attention.

Today I went to Hamish's place and did some hard labour that I should have done ages ago, I scraped off all the old fuzzy stuff on the inside of the roof that was under the headlining, scraped off all the loose seam sealer in the inside of the shell, removed the steering box and column, heater/fan assembly, vents, pedal box, handbrake assembly and the remains of the wiring loom.

While scraping away the underseal that had been sprayed in the spare wheel well I noticed that I was scraping away bog. Hamish asked me if I wanted it fixed, when I said yes he kindly took a pointy hammer and knocked a bunch of holes in it. :shock:

Oh well, better to find it now than later.
IMG_0327.JPG
Also he found that the bottom radiator support was rusted out and also bent in the middle.
IMG_0330.JPG
Pile of removed parts
IMG_0329.JPG
Also I reckon the whole "stance/JDM/old school/hellaflush" look is now passé so I'm going to be like Adam (only even cooler) and ditch the 14's and run these now:
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
Should only take some minor guard rolling to fit I reckon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

from experience I can recommend a BORROWED chainsaw and a claw hammer, you will have it fitting in no time at all.
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

2 doors wrote:from experience I can recommend a BORROWED chainsaw and a claw hammer, you will have it fitting in no time at all.
Thanks Wal, when can I come around to borrow yours? :lol:
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bumping for an update please!
My orangatang 510 here.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Plus john i have a pair of technos in the same size if you want to replace your cracked ones.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

DylPhil7 wrote:Plus john i have a pair of technos in the same size if you want to replace your cracked ones.
You also have herpes. Are you going to offer him that too?
My orangatang 510 here.