My '72 1600 SSS

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: My '72 1600 SSS

Post by Bartman »

Thanks.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Ive got a mould for that lip Bart! Come get it and take it to your preferred fibreglasser. Last guys i talked to a was a Fg worker said 70 bucks for a article,
Ive also got this lip on my 521.

They look primo on 510s!!!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

mean as!!!!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Progress on my car is at a standstill again. Seems the original dick who took m money also didn't return my front door hinges and lost the plates that he hinges bolt to (front and rear) as well. I can get some for $220, which seems pretty eye-wateringly expensive to me. The panelbeaters are getting sick of having my cat sitting around, and need these parts to fit up the doors before painting.

So if anyone has these parts for less than 220 please text me on 021 023 10952.

Cheers.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Gay buzz boe.
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

Hard. Thought I might be able to pick up that smashed Deluxe in West Melton for around a grand, get the hinges then wreck it and get my money back, but it ended up going for over 2 grand!
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

Im semi responsible for the sale price....
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

Man, I'm so over this :roll:

I'm in Masterton this weekend, so I went to my lockup to check out the car body, and I'm less than impressed.

Although it's very nice and straight in general, the quality of the paint is definitely a bit of a letdown:

-Big run on the left rear quarter
-Ugly bubbly reaction above/on the fuel flap, with some more run below the flap. Inside the fuel flap area the paint appears to be peeling off the edge of where it would have been masked, which wouldn't be so much of an issue, except that it's clearly visible even when the fuel flap is closed.
-Left rear door jamb/wheel arch area has a piece about the size of a cornflake which appears to be lifting. Gay.
-In general the engine bay paint is pretty average, although I think I can put up with that.
-A few little bits of dust stuck in the paint here and there. Not hugely bad, but they're there.
-Doesn't look to my (admittedly untrained) eye like any clear has been sprayed on the body at all

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64728393@N ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't attach the pictures to this post as the board says it's got too many already.

Tomorrow I go to my old man's work where the panels are to see if they look any better. Fingers crossed.
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

That really sucks. I want to say more but I wont as I dont know who did the paint but runs like that do not go unnoticed.
Looking good tho, serious bone required :thumbsup:
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

The body line on that rear quarter looks pretty sweet, hope they can fix the paint to show off the panel.
Datsuns from A to Zed