My '72 1600 SSS

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Re: My '72 1600 SSS

Post by broke »

Did some more stuff and ended up finishing up thr fuel pump plumbing and ran the front to rear brake pipe.

I was putting this off because I’m lazy, it involved spending money and also I didn’t really have a clear picture in my head of how it needed to be.

It’s all quite tight in there but nothing is touching anything else. Just need to rivnut a few P clamps to hold everything down and then I can flip the car back over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great to see this post John, I hope this helps with motivation and progress.
Datsuns from A to Zed
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

Got all sad seeing all these running driveable 1600s at the Nationals and decided to have a selfish weekend and just work on my own cars (mostly the daily unfortunately).

Cleaned the garage up a bit to make some room also - here you can just see the 5mm alloy rock deflector/bash plate I made up to protect the lift pump. It looked like it was right in the path of where any rocks etc flicked up by the rear wheels would go. I was kind of worried that alloy might not have been strong enough, however now that it's made I think it could probably stop an IED if it needed to.
ACFC27D4-8AD7-4508-B48C-E4C57BBC5AA0.jpeg
Swung it back the right way up
333D29E0-27FF-4206-B972-DAB8766D4F5F.jpeg
Looks a bit more like a car like this. I forgot to make a driveshaft hoop, but I can do that any time. Might start chucking old suspension stuff in so I can get it on the ground and doors hung.

Absolutely stoked that I can finally open my garage door normally instead of having to lift it over the slam panel!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Mean bro. Go hard.
I've been wondering if I should do something similar for my lift pump and filter under my car. The filter in particular is getting bloody dirty.
My orangatang 510 here.
broke
Datsun Addict

Post by broke »

Yeah probably a good idea. Dirt I'm ok with, massive fuel leaks and fireballs not so much.