82' 910 Bluebird

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Re: 82' 910 Bluebird

Post by DylPhil7 »

To stop your sway i'd say do this.
http://www.findthebestprices.net/whitel ... 13323.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.whiteline.com.au/automotive_ ... pAodalFSHg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To lower I'd do this
http://svc097.wic026v.server-web.com/ca ... alogue.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Find Nissan 910 sedan, then inquire about the price!

I'd say $1000 odd dollars of well spent money! Shortend shocks, New Mint lowering springs and Thick nice sway bars! ORSOME ride quality!
skutaman
Financial Member
aka: Bert Newcombe

Post by skutaman »

Thanks dude!

I work @ repco, and theirfor get a damn good discount :dance:

and if i could figure out if any more common parts would fit... :)

But.... Ive had a very bad weekend, that will see my 'bird parked up for some time...

I have Epilepsy, and had a fit on saturday...
and have lost my licence for a year... :strangle:

but i guess this means i get to do everything i need/want to without having to rush...

unfortunitly, i will have to store her somewhere once the wof/reg run out (the side of the road is unforgiving...)

On another note, i can't remember who told me but after a good heavy downpour,
i looked in the boot and found the carpet wet (random offcuts my grandad put in there, nothing to worry about...) and then found the rust around both tail lights.. :thumbsdown:

so you know what im doing on my day off now dont you!! lol :baseballbat:
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Standard!"

-81' Sportstar Ute http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4329 (Project)
-82' 910 Bluebird 'Annie' http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2259 (Decesed )
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Guts, sorry to hear skutaman.

So do you lose it for a year and then get it back till the next one comes?
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
DylPhil7
Financial Member

Post by DylPhil7 »

OH DUDE!!!! No good! :burnout:

But yeah as you said you can do what you want to do on it with no rush! I think if you can spend $1500 odd on it in that year, getting your suspension done and that rust done, Then you can start looking at some MEAN rims for it! :twisted:

Rust around the tail lights isnt a big deal man :thumbsup: Spesh when you consider my car haha! :deadhorse:
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

skutaman wrote:Thanks dude!

I work @ repco, and theirfor get a damn good discount :dance:
I am the annoying big ginger always coming in asking for bits for my Orange 510.
You know the bits that you guys shake your head at and say "I don't think we can get that but since you are here I guess we need to ring around all our suppliers and listen to them say no"

yeah that guy hahaha

Sorry to hear about your epilepsy. You got a year to make it beast now!
My orangatang 510 here.
skutaman
Financial Member
aka: Bert Newcombe

Post by skutaman »

Thanks heaps for the support guys!! :thumbsup:
and dont you worry, im going to get the beast looking top shape over the next year.
and i will keep you all posted on the progress :tits:

im still working on the alternator atm i have everything i need, i just need to get the pulley turned to fit the alternator...

once the rust etc is out of her, i will be saving up to get her resprayed,
factory off white with the pinstripes and all.. :dance2:

im slowly building a sound system up, components front and rear, all hidden in factory positions. im tracking down some old skewl wedge boxes for the rear atm.

i know i need to get more picz up, but not having on the net on my computer doesnt help...
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Standard!"

-81' Sportstar Ute http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4329 (Project)
-82' 910 Bluebird 'Annie' http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2259 (Decesed )
DylPhil7
Financial Member

Post by DylPhil7 »

All good are you doing a full inside and out respray? I did one a couple of years ago... FULLY REGRET IT! One reason was colour scheme, second was the quality! I did a back yard jobbie, I wish I had just left it for a few years and saved up a few more grand, got it soda blasted, paneled and sprayed...I guess I just have to do that now instead of then.... :|
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

TBH I don't see the problem with backyard paint jobs, unless you are aiming for really awesome quality.

My original paint job on my 610 sedan was done in the back yard and it looked just as good in most respects as one from the shop. One bonus of getting it done at a shop is you don't have to worry about the weather 8-)
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Mikewazowski wrote:TBH I don't see the problem with backyard paint jobs, unless you are aiming for really awesome quality.

My original paint job on my 610 sedan was done in the back yard and it looked just as good in most respects as one from the shop. One bonus of getting it done at a shop is you don't have to worry about the weather 8-)
No baking booth can often mean moisture being trapped between primer and top coat though. Although in saying that I have bubbles coming through my paint job (done in booth) already and my car has been in the garage the whole time lol.
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It's not so much about moisture with a booth. It's more about reducing dust, and with the baking orange peel is reduced too.

If your paint is showing flaws already Ginge, then you need to go back there and kick them sqaure in the balls!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............