gingofthesouth's Orangatang 510

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: gingofthesouth's 510

Post by Bartman »

Good heavens!
If I were you I'd be sticking that engine on a stand and replacing all the gaskets. (Oil leaks are uber gay) Who knows what else you might find???!!! While your at it you may as well fit some forged pistons, and a few other goodies. :guns:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bartman wrote:Good heavens!
If I were you I'd be sticking that engine on a stand and replacing all the gaskets. (Oil leaks are uber gay) Who knows what else you might find???!!! While your at it you may as well fit some forged pistons, and a few other goodies. :guns:
I have the engine on a stand already, and have already ordered a full gasket kit from Scott at Cockram Nissan. He dug around and found me a full kit in Auckland thats old stock and supplied it delivered for $375. Thanks to my bro who gave me a loan for the kit lol.

So will be going around replacing the gaskets. Have $0 for some forged pistons though...
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Scott seems like a GC. He may even be coming on the Rakakia cruise too.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bartman wrote:Scott seems like a GC. He may even be coming on the Rakakia cruise too.
Yeah he mentioned that on the phone. Said he went to the Akaroa cruise and owns Brocky's old 310 wag.
Tomorrow's task is seals replacement, tomorrow night a mate is coming around to help measure shit up to make some fj20et mounts. Already reversed the cross member.

Any suggestions or things to look out for when creating these mounts? height wise, which rubber (Fj20et rubber mounts or the standard ones which are thinner etc.) to keep.etc.
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Do it with the engine and gearbox in the car. And do it with the steering at full lock. (one way or t'other)
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

gingofthesouth wrote:
Bartman wrote:Good heavens!
I have the engine on a stand already, and have already ordered a full gasket kit from Scott at Cockram Nissan. He dug around and found me a full kit in Auckland thats old stock and supplied it delivered for $375. Thanks to my bro who gave me a loan for the kit lol.

So will be going around replacing the gaskets. Have $0 for some forged pistons though...
Cockram
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Hmm:
Door popper works fine!
doorpopperetc1.jpg
BUT door cards are fail. Look good but 10mm foam a little too much lol
doorpopperetc2.jpg
Handle is on an angle down because the folded back vinyl on the back:
doorpopperetc3.jpg
Winders and door handle are pushed into the door card:
doorpopperetc4.jpg
doorpopperetc5.jpg
Still they look good and match the rest of the interior so overall I am very happy :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My orangatang 510 here.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Gettting all the old gaskets off this Fj20et is like scrapping off concrete lol.

Soooo time consuming.

Taken about 6 hours to clean up the tappet/rocker cover gasket (remove from head and cover itself), clean the old intake manifold gasket off both surfaces.

Gone through 3 blades and some good old 240 grit.

Tappet cover is now on, just sorting out which intake manifold to run and which gaskets to replace.
My orangatang 510 here.
shmmoozer

Post by shmmoozer »

:thumbsup: I'm loving all the custom bits on this car and the attention your showing
to get everything right with the body work !
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Ahem, kind Sir can you please update your thread. ;)