Marks 1973 KHLGC110 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: Marks 1973 KHLGC110 Coupe

Post by dirtyleppa »

looking good man, colour and wheel choice down pat. cant wait to see this at akaroa
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Thats awesome Mark! Stoked for you dude.! Looking forward to seeing it very very soon!
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

Cheers guys. So glad i get paid just before rollin down defiantly going to need a cash injection after this week. Still need new pair of front tyres, log book, wof and rego (cant wait till next year, historic rego!).

2 way is fully the business. The nismo's ramp on so quick. clutch pedal is quite intense so im pretty much :burnout: all the time. Driving this to chch is going to be mental!!
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Looking good Mark. Shame I wont be around for this years meet. Drive safe 8-)
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Awesome Mark, well done. are you considering exhaust mods? Limit at track is 95, and that is Race cars. Lloyd has said no Full on race cars after 6pm. Just a heads up, I'd HATE it if you got down here and He told you too loud, park it up at 6pm :cry: Although not that it looks bad parked up, but there is plenty of time for that on Sunday :) and 3500 at 98dB, doesn't sound fun. Can you make up a silencer for the tail pipe, just to fit on and remove for track days? (Cost I know)
Datsuns from A to Zed
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

I am unsure of your familiarity with the noise limits for both track and road and how they are measured. Its 93db I am supposed to be under for the road or 95 I think with a cert but that is measured by reving the car up to 4000rpm with a DB meter about 3 or 4m behind the car at 45 degrees and for a car like mine where pretty much al the exhaust noise goes straight out the back naturally I'm way over at 99. For the race track that 95db is measured at 90 degrees to the car and at the tracks edge or at maximum 50m! Away. So I fall under that by a country mile. Just to give you an idea my certified said they have a 116db road level tested v8 race ford which passes track limits fine.

That said yes I will more than likely be kicked of at 6pm. This thing has more been built as a club level race car than a road car and as such is probably more than fair that I get put in the race car category. Also I am driving this all the way from Hamilton and do intend on actually driving it home haha so a quick 1 hour stint around the track is likely not a bad thing.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

mark105 wrote:so first set of stubs were a complete failure. as i had the diff still in the car and was measuring it turns out we measured the lengths to the ends of the side gears this infact was completely different to where the splines were and subsequently where the circlips lock in. the stubs are even length and we spent all weekend fixing them.

i ended up with this which i just remembered to take a picture of and measure before slamming it into the diff

i have full measurements for any one wanting to replicate what i have done.

made it all back together and went for a cert today. failed on technically 2 things but only 1 is on my fail sheet, the fact i had not got round to getting a horn button. the other thing i failed on is it measures 99db on the exhaust test so it is a bit loud. but certifier said just get a MSNZ log book and be exempt from the noise rules haha.

August Feroces all round.

not sure if i have bitten of a bit more than i wanted to chew with the 4.4 diff ratio. sits at 3500rpm at about 100kmph so sorry warrick might be a bit of a slow trip down as thats about as quick as im keen to cruise at.
hey mate that is all good with me, as its not a race, speed limit is 100 after all, wouldnt worry me if we drove through in one hit at 90
well done on getting it together
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

got my log book. can make this legal now. though i unfortunately will not be bringing this to Akaroa now, bank account wont let me. i am still coming down though with 2doors, the good bugger offered me a ride.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Nooooo!
I was really looking forward to seeing this run. Still looking forward to meeting you, hit me up for a lap or 2 in the Z
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Ah bugger dude! thats no good! Well good for your car. Just not your bank balance. Looking forward to catching up! gonna be a wild weekend!