Braasy's Datsun 1200 (B110) 4 Door Sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Re: Braasy's Datsun 1200 (B110) 4 Door Sedan

Post by braasmonkey »

So yay, I picked up the old girl early Saturday afternoon. Wish I didn't have to drive it in the rain (what is with this weather?!). Round the corner and down the road from Damon's, car petered out at the lights... Quick check, no petrol left! Lucky we weren't too far from a petrol station but the rain was bucketing down. New fuel carrier and fuel in hand, made my way back to the car, saw Brendan (mint16) fly past :P Back to the petrol station, and we're all fuelled and ready to go! Must say, suspension improvement is immeasurable, so worth the money and great on the drive through town, out to Rolleston, and also to Brock and Lisa's place. Only other issue? Two blown fuses so headlights not working :( Thanks to Brock and replacement/spare fuses in hand, we are on our way home.

Man, what a long day (been up since 8 AM, asleep 3 AM the night before, still up at 2 AM haha). So glad to be back in the drivers seat of a Datsun, and she's purring like a kitten. I even got the rear end snaking about on the wet roads which was pretty fun :mrgreen:

Still can't wait till Akaroa and catching up with the Datsun crew. See ya'll soon!!

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

when you do your pads if you are going to take this on the track make sure you bleed in new brake fluid down all the lines. decent pads and new fluid is all i do before track days and i never get brake fade in the C110.
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

mark105 wrote:when you do your pads if you are going to take this on the track make sure you bleed in new brake fluid down all the lines. decent pads and new fluid is all i do before track days and i never get brake fade in the C110.
Good to know, although I won't be going on the track with the old girl. Much rather know I will make it to Akaroa 100% :P

Will most likely get some new pads in and do a bleed and see how she goes first. If satisfied, will stick with it for the cruise, otherwise I will try and upgrade the fronts (time/availability permitting).

- Braasy
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Great news Braasy :thumbsup:

Sure feels nice to be back in the driver seat of the 1200.
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

darrenwilson wrote:Great news Braasy :thumbsup:

Sure feels nice to be back in the driver seat of the 1200.
Sure does dude! Can't wait for the Akaroa cruise and getting amongst it in my own car for a change :)

- Braasy
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Well Done!
You sure have had alot of work done while away. Jealous
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Dattochriswagon wrote:Well Done!
You sure have had alot of work done while away. Jealous
Cheers man, pity the wagon won't be amongst it! I've gotten an alarm, stereo, and speakers installed for peace of mind and something to listen to other than road noise :) Can't wait to get the car back prior to the cruise, will need to get some tunes downloaded to cruise to! :D

See everyone Sunday!!

- Braasy
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Cheers man, pity the wagon won't be amongst it! I've gotten an alarm, stereo, and speakers installed for peace of mind and something to listen to other than road noise
:thumbsup:

What sound system you got what brands of speakes an deck?

In my datto i have four 6x9 Power Acustic Speakes Powered by a Soney Deck an Equalizer..Sound Tops When i raise up the Volume :D
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

darrenwilson wrote:
Cheers man, pity the wagon won't be amongst it! I've gotten an alarm, stereo, and speakers installed for peace of mind and something to listen to other than road noise
:thumbsup:

What sound system you got what brands of speakes an deck?

In my datto i have four 6x9 Power Acustic Speakes Powered by a Soney Deck an Equalizer..Sound Tops When i raise up the Volume :D
Just a basic Sony head unit and speakers for now, nothing too flash :) Have yet to really hear what it sounds like, but will let you know!

- Braasy
DATSN1200
Regular

Post by DATSN1200 »

Very nice car
Keep it original as it will be worth more
I had mine valued by the local Nissan Dealer for insurance purposes at $16;000 recently