Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Re: Braasy's Datsun 1200 (B110) 4 Door Sedan

Post by braasmonkey »

gingofthesouth wrote:
braasmonkey wrote:
datsunboy wrote:Haha. Android rules! IPhones are gay.
I know you can change the signature on tapatalk...butI can't be bothered as I am changing roms every week at the moment lol.
testing out the experimental ice cream sandwich builds......because you can do that with Android lol....not just what apple tells you you can do.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapstalk
Android rules hard. iPhone's are ok for a work phone however :) I hear ya regarding changing ROMS. I too am playing around with ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) builds and must say I'm impressed.

I see your using the Galaxy S II. Believe there is a factory ICS ROM for your hardware available, have you tried it?

- Braasy
See this is exactly what I thought would happen.
I swap out iOS betas often enough when I am testing my apps in iOS.

Lets not get in a technical war though because I could point out a million flaws with Android but this is brassy's build thread lol.

On another note, have you sorted storage out yet? How long are you in Aussie for? You put alot of money and love into a car that will be sitting in storage :)
Still trying to sort storage. I'm in Aussie on contract for 18 months, at which time I will decide If I come back or stay on in a permanent position. My 1200 has a lot of work still to go so will still be getting stuff done in my absence :) If I won't be coming back for a longer period of time, I may look to bring her over to OZ to enjoy and continue to work on. We'll see :D

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Yeah Samsung are leaking experimental roms to developers....but there is no official release yet.still has bugs. But they've come along way since Dec when they first started releasing.
I don't use them tho....I use builds that developers have made based on them since I hate samsungs touch wiz

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Hey guys,

No update other than car is now in storage for the time being. However, I do have my old A12 engine and manual 4 speed up for grabs. Were both running well out of my 1200 before the A15/5 speed conversion/re-power, with no smoke or weird noises from either. I was thinking of using for a project down the line, but now have nowhere to store them. Engine is missing a couple of bits of pieces (of what I can't remember at the moment) which were used on my A15, but should be able to find/replace no problem.

Both items are currently stored @ Damon's (dattodevil) place. Since he and his family are moving, this needs to go soon. EOI around the $400 mark ono, may be interested in swaps for items for my 1200.

Questions, queries, send me a PM. Will re-post this in the sale section on the forums. Cheers.

- Braasy

EDIT: A12 and 4 speed now have a new storage home. Thanks Brock!
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Hi guys,

Not much to report other than mush has advised he's pretty much finished my custom exhaust tip. Advised not to worry about the dirty looking piece around the bottom, as it's just a mild steel ring that will slide inside the existing exhaust (to make it easier to weld on). Images as follows:
P1050110.JPG
P1050111.JPG
P1050112.JPG
P1050113.JPG
P1050114.JPG
Also, before I left for OZ, the strap that stops the exhaust bouncing around decided to snap. While my custom exhaust gets finished up, will get that fixed up too. Also hoping to get my rear guards finished off properly (if time allows him).

So yeah, at least the old girl will get a run and some work done in my absence, too bad it's not me taking her for a drive. Miss her so much (don't let the missus catch me saying that)! :mrgreen:

- Braasy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roddsteel

Post by Roddsteel »

hey man, just been checking out your car and progress, looks great man! I can't believe how many Datsuns I saw in OZ when I was over there last in a small town in queensland, way more there have survived!
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Roddsteel wrote:hey man, just been checking out your car and progress, looks great man! I can't believe how many Datsuns I saw in OZ when I was over there last in a small town in queensland, way more there have survived!
Thanks dude. Yeah, I see quite a few on the road here as daily drivers. Unfortunately no one seems keen to part with any tidy examples for a decent price here in Sydney haha.

- Braasy
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Hey all,

Long time no update. In my absence I have had a few minor things attended to. The exhaust repairs I previously mentioned/required have been completed (the exhaust was rattling all over the place), and I got my bonnet primered as the factory finish from the manufacturer looked all streaky once it got wet then dried. Regarding the exhaust, one of the original rubber exhaust hangers that holds the main muffler in place had split and broken in half (a leather strap, which probably put more load on the rear mount that had torn as well as the rear silencer mount). A bracket has been made up by mush and solid mounted to the rear silencer. He has also removed and rebuilt the front muffler hanger bracket (originally a standard 1200 one) and fitted new rubber mounts. Sits a lot tighter now so will hopefully have no more issues with this in future. My finished exhaust tip has also been attached, which I think finishes it off nicely at the rear.

Pictures are as follows:
P1050445.JPG
P1050446.JPG
P1050447.JPG
P1050448.JPG
P1050451.JPG
P1050452[edit].jpg
P1050453[edit].jpg
P1050454[edit].jpg
P1050458.JPG
P1050459.JPG
P1050460[edit].jpg
P1050461.JPG
I reckon the exhaust tip gives the old girl a bit of an original/sleeper look ;) This will hopefully also mean I no longer have to wipe off any soot above the exhaust after every drive. Am looking forward to being back in October and getting her up and running! Apparently the car started good and ran sweet as when mush picked it up from where she was being stored. Some minor clutch adjustments may be required, but otherwise she's still running and sounding good :D

I have a list of things that I want and will continue to work on (rust being at the top of the list). More updates to come...

- Braasy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

top work as per usual, looks great.
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Great Work :thumbsup:

Props to you all in have it Looking Nice. :popcorn:
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Hey all,

Latest update is that I have had mush chipping away on my rear guard repairs (getting them tidied up and bog removed). He was also filling in the mirror holes I used to have in the doors from the previous mirrors, and looking to mount my NOS guard mirrors. Of course, while I've been gone the WOF and rego have expired. Damon and Hamish were kind enough to assist in getting the WOF attended to in my absence, and Damon performed a service (after I ran the engine in earlier on in the year). Purring even better now I'm sure, and car is now registered till after the Akaroa cruise :)

With the Datsun back with mush, he has managed to finish the rear guard repairs on the old girl (removed and replaced both sides), filled in/repaired my old mirror screw holes in the front doors, and the NOS mirrors have been successfully mounted. Am advised the rear inner panels are in great condition with only a small patch in the bottom inner wheel arch on both sides needing replacement. For those that don't know, I sourced my NOS mirrors through Kitch (used to be fitted to Wilbur), so mush contacted him regarding the correct positioning (Kitch advised he had a technical drawing of the correct measurement for positioning them). Not sure if mush needed these measurements in the end, but they're looking great now that they're on!

Latest images are as follows:
P1050904.JPG
P1050905.JPG
P1050906.JPG
P1050907.JPG
P1050908.JPG
P1050909.JPG
P1050910.JPG
P1050911.JPG
P1050912.JPG
P1050917.JPG
P1050918.JPG
P1050919.JPG
P1050920.JPG
P1050921.JPG
P1050922.JPG
P1050924.JPG
P1050925.JPG
P1050954.JPG
P1050955.JPG
P1050956.JPG

The remaining item on the repair list to date is the boot, which will hopefully be completed by the time I return next month :) Regarding the boot area, I am advised it would be a good idea to clean up and treat all the rust, re-seal anything that needs doing, and put a good coat of 2 pack epoxy primer over the lot. This will leave me with a good base for painting when I eventually settle on a colour (sounds good to me!). Am still deciding on a colour for the old girl but there's just too many possibilities! For now, the car is looking more and more patchy/primered. Doesn't bother me in the slightest though as it's great to still be able to drive and enjoy the car while getting work done on it.

With mush agreeing the 1200 sounded good with the twin side-draughts when picking her up from storage, I'm even more excited to be back in the drivers seat next month :mrgreen: More updates to come...

- Braasy

P.S. I couldn't fit all images to this post. Please refer to the next post for remaining images.