910 Wagon Project

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
mindgem
Regular

Re: 910 Wagon Project

Post by mindgem »

would it be alright to just drill a new hole in the s13 x member and use the same chassis rail hole?? or would that not be cert worthy?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

There may be a few variabables with doing that. Would the nut foul on the downturned edge of the Xmember? wowuld the hole intersect of existing S13 hole?
A crush tube isn't a big deal. Even if you don't have access to a lathe, you could have a pair spun up for less than a box of beers.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

Yeah crush tube sounds like the better way to go.

Im just wondering now if its worth going SR, id really like to but Srdets are a lil outta my price range atm. a de isnt so bad price wise and still a decent upgrade. but now im also wondering if instead of going SR to spend what i would do on a SR and put it into my l20b

thoughts anyone?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

SR20de's are cheaper than a decent L20b. PLus they go better too. Bit more spendy for the gearbox/cert etc though. Then you could do a +T later on.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
cheese910
Datsun Nutter

Post by cheese910 »

sr's are plent powerfull enough for the road with out turbo.

plus super simple to slot into 910's

do it
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

Okay so defiantly going SR when the bank account allows lol, for the moment I'm focusing on rust / body repairs and bushes
Took my sanded down panels and bonnet to the painters the start of the week and just got them to put a lick of primer on them to keep them from rusting, will get the rest of the car the same when i get a decent amount of time and good weather to prep it all. still got some bits to cut out and re weld before i do that though.

but anyway the bonnet and panels are looking pretty good for now apart from the scratches they obtained on the way home. :violin: least its nothing major.

Looks like a car again now :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

oh and for anyone interested i have a H165 diff which i no longer have any use for incase anyone wants unsure of ratios but can check if needed. also have a L20b block which could use some tlc PM if interested
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

It seems after putting on my R31 front brakes they only engage when the pedal is almost at he floor . i did a bit of research and it seems that my master cylinder is too small to engage the big pistons on the R31's.

Which master cylinder would bolt up and work with my standard drums at the rear?
Big thanks!
DAT620
Datsun Driver
aka: J

Post by DAT620 »

I had the same problem with my D21 into 620 brake conversion, I swapped out the master cylinder to fix.
No matter where you go, there you are.
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

DAT620 wrote:I had the same problem with my D21 into 620 brake conversion, I swapped out the master cylinder to fix.
did you have to end up using an adapter plate to get it to fit properly? with using a plate do you need to lengthen the brake pedal rod as well?