910 Wagon Project

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: 910 Wagon Project

Post by Bartman »

If your piston is sticking, do NOT NOT NOT use any kind of abrasive on the inside of the dash pots. Try cleaning it up with Clean R Carb or something similar.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

Bartman wrote:If your piston is sticking, do NOT NOT NOT use any kind of abrasive on the inside of the dash pots. Try cleaning it up with Clean R Carb or something similar.
What would using an abrasive do to the carbs? make them not function properly?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If you use the likes of wet n dry on the inside of the dashpot, the piston wont seal properly on the inside of the dashpot, and the engine wont be able to pull the piston up. The bloke who gave my SU's a birthday, stressed that detail most emphaticly.
He just used CleenRcarb to descunge the inside of the bore.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

will do, revs a bit better now cause the linkage was opening one further than the other.

tried to change my chain timing yesterday and it resulted in my tensioner popping out (lol) so had everything off again. found a really usefull post on oz dat about timing it all properly and now it runs ALOT better and actually keeps accellerating over 4grand and to my suprise is even better going up hills :burnout:
hopefully it'll be better on gas aswell!
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

good to hear alex. as you fix your one, the problems with my one keep popping up.

you coming on the cruise sunday?
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

I was planning to but my licence was taken a little earlier than i thought.. was driving home from my girlfriends house at 2am and got pulled over on deans ave which resulted in my licence being lost on the spot :x :x

But you can count that in 3 months time ill be there!
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

Okay, since my last update i had lost my licence for 3 months but a week before i got it back i lost it again from demerits... so November the 24th is the date ill have the bluebird back on the roads!

Also, i now have some 14x7 widened steels which give the car a much better look to it :D

have got some big plans for her now too. Im wanting to go all out and put a SR20DET in but am unsure about a couple of things

I have R30 skyline brakes and hubs ready just need the hoses to put them in, and got a 4stud H190 on its way which hopefully will handle the power of a SR20DET haha.

Just have a couple of questions which i hope someone can help me with
Will i get through cert without upgrading my back brakes?
Would a silvia s13/14 x member fit the bluey or will i need to customize mine?
Is there aftermarket shortend shocks i can purchase for it or will i have to somehow shorten them myself?

I'll put some new pics up either tomorrow or monday night although it is in pieces at the moment
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Your standard rear brakes should e good enough for cert.

Get your mrs, or a mate to drive it for you for the nats at labour weekend. You wont want to miss out.
cheese910
Datsun Nutter

Post by cheese910 »

series three aus spec 910 (ca20) cross member using l20b mounts you can fit an sr20

the mounts stretch a bit so its not idea but it works.

you can fit an sr20 into a 910 using a selection of nissan parts without having to do any heavier modifications than elongating a few holes.
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

cheese910 wrote:series three aus spec 910 (ca20) cross member using l20b mounts you can fit an sr20

the mounts stretch a bit so its not idea but it works.

you can fit an sr20 into a 910 using a selection of nissan parts without having to do any heavier modifications than elongating a few holes.
I wouldnt have a clue where i'd find a series three x member so i'd prob have to modify mine to suit the SR sump?? which i think is the only difference but aren't too sure.
Its good to know that the brake upgrade isnt required for cert but ill do it anyway because in my mind if im going to be going faster i want to be able to stop faster as well.
I'd come for the labour day cruise but most people i know with licenses i dont trust driving my car :lol:

Anyway, PICS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.