Kitchs 1200 Coupe - road legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Kitch
Financial Member

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe - road legal!

Post by Kitch »

Well the car is going, after recent rebuild; Although I had to remove the flows and re blast them & coat them, as used wrong grade of heat paint! (gggrrrrrrr...)

I have done about 100 miles or so in it in the last 3 weeks, and it is pulling strong, but have unfortunately discovered nasty as stress fractures in my custom inlet manifold so thats off being repaired at the moment.

Plan is to repair manifod, then get a custom built copper core radiator to help with it running a tad hot, as think my "pusher" fan setup is not the most effective.

Once thats all sorted and another hundy miles or so on it, I will be taking it back for a final tune, which will be interesting as I believe it is going way better than previous, so hopefully I will nett my target of 130hp this time round (was 123 hp last time).

Before I pulled manifold off, I took it for one last outing while it was going, and that was to a local charity car show, with around 100 cars there, I was pretty stoked to be awarded 1st Place for the show, car looked good after a quick wax in the morning

Want to have all the bugs ironed out, and last few "finishing" things sorted over next few months, as looking forward to entering it in the Four & Rotary Nat's in Timaru later in the year.

20160501_135801(0).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Awesome Kitch, well deserved. Will be great to see this at the 4&Rotors, keen to fly the club flag? We would be honoured. Must have been great to drive it again :burnout:
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Well deserved, and hard earned indeed!
:beer:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DATSN1200
Regular

Post by DATSN1200 »

Hi Kitch
Can you bolt in Datsun 240Z seats into a Datsun 1200 Sedan without modifications
Thanks
Joseph
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

DATSN1200 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:44 pm Hi Kitch
Can you bolt in Datsun 240Z seats into a Datsun 1200 Sedan without modifications
Thanks
Joseph
Hi Joseph,

Believe Kitch bolted them in a fixed position using some adaptors across the factory mounting points.

Regards,

Nick aka Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread