Johns cedric sgle

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by Bartman »

I heard this beast running in the flesh to day.
I still have goosebumps!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

mark105 wrote:only way i got a RB auto working on a factory loom was because i had a whole car so i could trace everything and find out what it did. maybe you could try pickapart or something and see if you can score a complete loom from something then you can trace everything would be cheaper than a after market TCU. i think you will find that the TCU talks to the ECU via CAN for shit like engine rpm and so on, the link has a CAN port so you have to setup the link to talk to the factory TCU also. another thing to watch out for is with the speed sensor in the gearbox is on skylines they send the signal from the trans to the speedo guage do analogue to digital signal conversion then send it to the TCU and ECU so you would have to check if this is the same. its a bit annoying how Nissan at least i dont know about other manufacturers put all the trans wiring in the car loom so with out one i think its going to be a put it in the to hard basket. hopefully my ramblings were of some help.
Sounds like we should have consulted you before tackling this one! we had a whole 300zx loom to chop up but we proberly should have started with something a bit more simple(there's kg's on kg's of loom in those things).I looked into using a patrol loom coz i figured they'd have the most simple loom of all the cars to use this trans but they run a totally different tcu plug so it would be like starting again.I've bitten the bullet and ordered a compushift 2 to take care of this,mainly because I want this project to keep moving forward and this was the fastest/easiest way to make that happen.It should be here this time next week if NZ customs don't fuck around for to long.
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
kk-kolonel
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Chris

Post by kk-kolonel »

Hey bud... It made it onto the front page..

http://oldschool.co.nz/2012/12/13/an-in ... an-cedric/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

kk-kolonel wrote:Hey bud... It made it onto the front page..

http://oldschool.co.nz/2012/12/13/an-in ... an-cedric/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your mom made it on the front page!
kk-kolonel
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Chris

Post by kk-kolonel »

Shame that your's only made it onto page 3 - with her tittaes out..

LOL
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Bahaha ^
Cheers man :beer: you talk it up good!Killer article

After 4 months my wheel bands arrived making my wheels 9.75" wide,it was a big drama that I'll go into later with pictures. my TCU has arrived and hoist is booked for sat morning so it'll be going in then,and then...just maybe... it'll drive
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Did you use Bateman race cars for the bands? It seems like his work is nice but I've heard a few people say he's hard to deal with.
Speed_Freak
Financial Member
aka: Matt

Post by Speed_Freak »

skdmrx wrote:
mark105 wrote:only way i got a RB auto working on a factory loom was because i had a whole car so i could trace everything and find out what it did. maybe you could try pickapart or something and see if you can score a complete loom from something then you can trace everything would be cheaper than a after market TCU. i think you will find that the TCU talks to the ECU via CAN for shit like engine rpm and so on, the link has a CAN port so you have to setup the link to talk to the factory TCU also. another thing to watch out for is with the speed sensor in the gearbox is on skylines they send the signal from the trans to the speedo guage do analogue to digital signal conversion then send it to the TCU and ECU so you would have to check if this is the same. its a bit annoying how Nissan at least i dont know about other manufacturers put all the trans wiring in the car loom so with out one i think its going to be a put it in the to hard basket. hopefully my ramblings were of some help.
Sounds like we should have consulted you before tackling this one! we had a whole 300zx loom to chop up but we proberly should have started with something a bit more simple(there's kg's on kg's of loom in those things).I looked into using a patrol loom coz i figured they'd have the most simple loom of all the cars to use this trans but they run a totally different tcu plug so it would be like starting again.I've bitten the bullet and ordered a compushift 2 to take care of this,mainly because I want this project to keep moving forward and this was the fastest/easiest way to make that happen.It should be here this time next week if NZ customs don't fuck around for to long.
Nissan atlas trucks use n/a 300zx auto's too FYI prob too late now and there is prob the same amount of wires LOL
1972 Datsun CA18 supercharged 1200 coupe (old skdmrx)
1976 Mazda 808/RX 12a Rotary
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Manual ;)
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Cheers man but I've got it sorted now.
broke wrote:Did you use Bateman race cars for the bands? It seems like his work is nice but I've heard a few people say he's hard to deal with.
Yea I used Bateman,I thought he was pretty good to deal with as long as you rang him(long waits for email replies).Wheels came out pretty good but its been 4 months and the first set he sent were poos,long story.Once they're polished and assembled I'll get pics up with a story of how it went down,that might take a while coz no polishers will touch them until after new years

I got the car on a hoist yesterday so I could fit the new auto loom,I had to remove the exhausts and trans sump so it was quite a busy day.Ive finished under there now and the new TCU should be fully wired shortly.

Heres a quick vid of the underbody before it gets all gravel rashed
http://youtu.be/y-rSOoHcprk
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Looking good dude, But small observation.
LF and both rear directional tyres facing the wrong way ;)
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."