Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by D1RTY6 »

This thing is a thing of beauty, words cant describe my jelousy ha
Snoozin
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Richy

Post by Snoozin »

Glad I logged in, looks amazing... just, everything is so spot on.

Nice work :highfive:

I might come down for a drive just so I could perhaps get a glimpse at this car.
kk-kolonel
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Chris

Post by kk-kolonel »

Mr John - this is pretty much a good reason to come down in Jan/Feb next year. Perhaps I could do a write up for the Old School blog if you are OK with that??
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Hey kk hopefully by then I can take you for a skid in it too.Yea a write up would be choice once its all done.
Quick update,My garage is really clean at the mo coz Ive had no car work to do.I struck a major hold up with transmission wiring,basically wiring the factory stuff is close to impossible because theres very little info out there on the looms and every wiring diagram seems just a little bit different.Most people manualise them when they do conversions but I still want it auto.theres after market TCU's you can buy which are fully programable and you can set up two maps so you can have a sluggish around town economy mode then increase line pressures,shift at higher rpm and lock torque converters for burnout mode.The problem with these TCU's is that they don't come cheap and I didn't see this one coming so I'm struggling to part with the moolah.It's gotta happen sometime though coz at the moment its stalled progress altogether. :strangle:
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

skdmrx wrote:Hey kk hopefully by then I can take you for a skid in it too.Yea a write up would be choice once its all done.
Quick update,My garage is really clean at the mo coz Ive had no car work to do.I struck a major hold up with transmission wiring,basically wiring the factory stuff is close to impossible because theres very little info out there on the looms and every wiring diagram seems just a little bit different.Most people manualise them when they do conversions but I still want it auto.theres after market TCU's you can buy which are fully programable and you can set up two maps so you can have a sluggish around town economy mode then increase line pressures,shift at higher rpm and lock torque converters for burnout mode.The problem with these TCU's is that they don't come cheap and I didn't see this one coming so I'm struggling to part with the moolah.It's gotta happen sometime though coz at the moment its stalled progress altogether. :strangle:
Manual manual manual manual manual

All your transmission wiring problems (well, most of them anyway) will disappear.. go on...
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

apparantly they are still printing money, soo if you were to spend the moolah on a programable tcu, then the government will just print some more to replace it. certainly sounds like the answer to your issues, just sucks financially.
fletch
Financial Member

Post by fletch »

skdmrx wrote:Hey kk hopefully by then I can take you for a skid in it too.Yea a write up would be choice once its all done.
Sounds like dramas.
How much information do you need to get the stock auto working? How much loom do you have? Do you have the stock tcu?
If you have nothing you could use a vh45 tcu and wiring diagram as they are the same tranny. I tink i have some vh41 diagrams somewhere. ill have a look
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Cheers Fletch,I had quite a lot of loom and a TCU,we had a good go at wiring but it just didn't work out.Someone must have made it work but I couldn't find any conversion diagrams or anything.the factory stuff seems to link in with all types of other systems (abs,traction control etc) so I guess one bung signal from one of those systems and it just shuts down.The trans is used in all sorts of things z32tt, patrols, other 4wd's.

Booo manual or manualised auto :thumbsdown: .this things a slug and needs to be auto plus I need a hand free to change cd's and scratch my nuts
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

only way i got a RB auto working on a factory loom was because i had a whole car so i could trace everything and find out what it did. maybe you could try pickapart or something and see if you can score a complete loom from something then you can trace everything would be cheaper than a after market TCU. i think you will find that the TCU talks to the ECU via CAN for shit like engine rpm and so on, the link has a CAN port so you have to setup the link to talk to the factory TCU also. another thing to watch out for is with the speed sensor in the gearbox is on skylines they send the signal from the trans to the speedo guage do analogue to digital signal conversion then send it to the TCU and ECU so you would have to check if this is the same. its a bit annoying how Nissan at least i dont know about other manufacturers put all the trans wiring in the car loom so with out one i think its going to be a put it in the to hard basket. hopefully my ramblings were of some help.