Plastic Repair

all else goes here...
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Plastic Repair

Post by ginga-dato »

Hi guys and gals

Not sure if this kind of thing is allowed on the forum but thought I'd give it a go (will delete if not allowed). I've been thinking about doing some plastic repairs from home as you don't need a lot of space or equipment to do it. I am a panel beater by trade with 6 years behind me so i will mostly be doing bumpers but keen to give other plastic items a go. I pride myself in my plastic welding and plastic filing abilities and only use body filler as a last resort. I understand that most people on this forum have chrome bumpers on their datsuns but I was thinking some may want their daily cars or other projects tidied up or know of someone that does. I am only a panel beater so i will not be able to prime or paint them sorry. Just throwing the idea out there at the moment to see if there's any interest before committing to the idea so give me a PM or txt if you are wanting some work done and we'll go from there. Located in chch. If I can find some photos of jobs I've done, I will put them up so people can see what I can do.

Cheers everyone
Last edited by ginga-dato on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Plastic Repair

Post by b110sss »

Hi Jordan,
My son Brad, has a ex 2K Cup car- a Honda Integra that is turning into a labour of love ( read money pit) He may very well be keen to talk to you. Also do you do any panel beating in your spare time as there are some doors that definitely need some attention?
Please PM me if your are interested.
Cheers
Dave
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Re: Plastic Repair

Post by ginga-dato »

Took some photos of a couple jobs that I did today so you guys can see what standard the work is. They weren't the biggest jobs but I thought some photos are better than no photos. First ones a Caldina side skirt and then a rear bumper off an Audi A6. The A6 bumper was full of unnecessary bog, so dug that all out before continuing on with the rest of the repair. If I remember to, I will take a photo of them painted since its pretty hard to see the quality of the repair when its a photo in bare plastic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.