Insurance

all else goes here...
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Insurance

Post by b110sss »

I seem to recall reading something about a 'realistic' insurance company offering insurance for modified cars at fair rates.
My son has just bought a 2K Cup car that is now warranted and will be driven on the road occasionally however after talking to State they don't want to know about it- trying to point him towards that subsidiary of theirs, National Car Insurance and my experience with them and their proposed premiums is not the best.
Can anyone help here with some recommendations please.
Cheers
Dave
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: Insurance

Post by 85_Z31 »

Hi Dave

Swan Insurance gives Datsun club members a discounted rate and it is insurance tailored specifically to classic car ownership, and the premiums are very reasonable.

Give them a call explain the situation and they might be able to propose a much better offer.

In the past I used club Auto Insurance when i was under 25 to get the Turbo Z on the road legally. It was expensive but it served a purpose. The rates for Swan were much much better.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
DatsunP510
Regular

Post by DatsunP510 »

+1 for Swan Insurance. They also do agreed values which is real handy.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Car must be over 20 years old with swann IIRC.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Thanks Guys,
All done and dusted- just over $300 for full cover. Very reasonable.
Cheers
Dave
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Interestingly I saw Brad's invoice from Swann yesterday and believe it or not they are tied up with IAG!!
What puzzle's me here is that State push anything that does not fit into their low risk boxes straight towards their subsidary 'National Car Insurance' and absolutely no mention of Swann.
Cheers
Dave