T Shirt and General Club Rant

all else goes here...
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

T Shirt and General Club Rant

Post by brocky41 »

gingofthesouth wrote:
Datto_610 wrote:I don't why everyone seems to wait until its late too make complaints when we have been working on this for a long time.
The message three days ago was the first I had known of the design for this years T-shirt. I too was confused about the design since it should really have Chris and Bernie's car on there. id feel a bit gutted if I was in their shoes. Can't it at the very least be added to the car collage?
In the past i would have bit my tongue halfway and just went with it, but ive changed over the last 18 months or so and ill just speak my mind on the subject.

Feel free to move this post around but id like it to stay so everyone can read it. Here goes.....

Ive known about the change of tshirt for a while, as i ran into Lewis at The Warehouse looking for and getting datsun matchbox cars before i got in lol

I'd heard about the T-shirt and asked what the design was, i was a bit confused that it wasnt last years winner but carried on as i do. So when i met up with one of the committee members about a month or so later i voiced my opinion - to which he said that it still wasnt finalised. Again i was confused and vented a little frustration and left it at that.

To get to Ging's point, tonight i checked on the minutes from the meetings

April Meeting
Jesse brought a bunch of t-shirt designs to discuss. Two designs so far for 10th Anniversary shirt, committee votes at tie.
The club will look into pricing from Print Mighty and the Print Smiths.

June Meeting
Dan has scanned the decided t-shirt designs to give to Lewis to draw up digitally so we can send them off to get made.

July Meeting
Daniel is going to look into the printing company Gooses to get some prices for Akaroa shirts. Daniel is also going to e-mail The Printsmiths

I pulled these from the Committee room - which i can take from those that the "designs" would have included last years winner?

And to add to that the August and September meetings were both only posted last night - its a bit hard for members to comment when the minutes are not there to look at.

Now i know how hard it can be to be in the committee, be the President of the club ive been there done that for a few years, and im not trying to get on peoples nerves or cause a shit fight.

Heres a few things for discussion as you still cant post in the Committee Room.

-Make the Committee room able to be written in and make it pop up in the View Active Topics - because lets face it thats where the majority of us click when the page loads - this way everyone can have a say - there might be good bits and shit bits but it will keep people on top of whats going on.
-Communication is Key - in those minutes someone had designs yet no pictures, we live in the modern age people - take some pics, try to get everyone involved. Ive seen posts about are forums dead etc, the Club definitely isnt so show it.
-Maybe the committee needs to be smaller or I dunno something has to change, as im a regular viewer on the OLDSCHOOL forum and i dont know whos boss or how that works but man does it work and work well.

Theres my points, like or not, talk about it, have a go at me for shutting down and ditching the president position halfway through a year - because i couldnt handle it, i dont care, i want the club to grow and succeed like it used too.

I know everyone is busy, and doesnt have time etc but what ive learnt is if everyone does a little bit and communicates then shit gets done, done fast, and done well.

I remember something about the club being about the preservation of the brand as a group - keep it that way. :D

Sorry if i make no "cents" at all - rant over
chris_g1
Committee Members

Re: T Shirt and General Club Rant

Post by chris_g1 »

Thanks brocky.
Well said.
Lets just get on with it.
"Communication" be the catchphrase.

Bernie and Chris.
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

fuck....................... THANK YOU brocky for speaking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as this is why I left the committee. when I was designing the tshirt I had NO idea it was ment to have last years winner on it and I thought to myself well how best to please the people, so I thought well lets have 3-5 cars on it of all different datsuns to keep as many people happy and also wanted them plain "charactures" so you didn't know whos cars they where. but basically because it took 6 months to get prices and get shit sorted from my first design this is why it looks like this now

I agree that some shit needs to change in the committee, I joined to try help and make the club better but found a lot of resistance in the committee, now don't get me wrong I like all the guys in the committee they just need to do abit more and make decisions a lot faster

I think everyone should be able to voice there opinion about the club so good on you brock............. wish a few more people would say stuff too

brock the committee never had a tshirt design with chris's car on it sorry as I had no idea about that and talking to greg its not set in stone that's what happens

"I know everyone is busy, and doesnt have time etc but what ive learnt is if everyone does a little bit and communicates then shit gets done, done fast, and done well."
----- this is what I was trying to say when I talked to the committee about it but all I really got back from its was that they are trying there best and that the committee and club is not there no1 priority. as brock said if all 7 or 8 guys in the committee do a little then shit will get sorted and djz will do less work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks brock again for opening your mounth, I really appreciate it.
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Thanks Brock well said.

I never wanted to stir up shit Dad and I had told people that our car was going to be on the Club T shirt this year and we were over the moon.
I understand its a hard job keeping everyone happy and as Brock knows Dad and I back the club 100% and have been to the meetings when we are down there.
We have a great time and are welcomed with open arms every year.I didn't mean to cause shit I love my Datsuns and work hard to get them on the road keeping these old girls going isn't easy as all of you know hope I haven't caused any bad blood that wasn't my intent.

Anyway see you all in a few weeks our car is ready to roll now and I've been banned from driving it until the day we leave hahaha.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

feel freee to moan all you like guys, but to be fair, if all decisions were left to ALL members to make then nothing at all will get done ever, its Taken a shit load of time to get 8 people to AGREE to a t shirt design , what would happen if it was left to everybody, we cant please everybody , and chris and bernie we never intened to offend you guys.

perhaps some one (anyone at all really ) can start a thread on the BBQ TRAILER next, we could open up a poll on how it should look how many umbrella stands it could have , maybe we can leave the seats in , perhaps we should take them out , beer holders and bar stools, roof on roof off it could go on and on and on ............ OH WAIT ,MY MISTAKE WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD.

sometimes we just have to accept that the decisions people make are done by people in the best interest of everyone.

these are my personal views .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Good call Wal, love your work on this too by the way! It will finally get done in your capable hands!
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Guys,
Why dont settle for this once n for all...
1.have new t/shirt for every year
2.have the winning car/cars printed of the previous year.
Sorted
Cheers
Mohit
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Being the 10 year anniversary we wanted to do something that reflected the club as a whole, rather than represent one person. Which has upset a few people...
I'm sure we will go back to doing the shirts like we used to after this years events..
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Datto_610 wrote:Being the 10 year anniversary we wanted to do something that reflected the club as a whole, rather than represent one person. Which has upset a few people...
I'm sure we will go back to doing the shirts like we used to after this years events..
That is the plan, and I'm certain that we discussed the issue,s around how the design would reflect Datsun,s as a whole as opposed to the peoples choice akaroa car,as the t shirts were to reflect both islands events.
1200man
aka: yea

Post by 1200man »

this all seems fucked up, have fun but iam off to oldscool as this shit is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!