Hi Im New

all else goes here...
deadmaul240c

Hi Im New

Post by deadmaul240c »

Hey guys ive meet a couple of the christchurch datsun clan, and finally joined up to this great forum,

So well Hey im Andrew ive got a 73 240c pillerless coupe in beautiful red, this has been my project for the last 8 months and tbh i havent really got very far yet.(good things take time) so really im getting on here to help me sort out when i get stuck on a few things, speaking of witch does any one have a h230 service manual that i could either borrow or buy and any h230 parts cars that i could chop some rust patches out of for my baby ?

But yeah its nice to meet you guys and me and my mate have just got a lockup in wigram if anybody wants to come down for a gezz and just to have a few sharns about the dattos, we're allways down to meet like minded people

Cheers Andrew :thumbsup:
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*ma70 88 Turbo A supra, Black
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Hi Im New

Post by DJZ »

Hey man, welcome along. I think I've got a 230 factory service manual at home still, I'll have a look tonight.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yeah, welcome indeed dude!
Please start a build thread so we can all enjoy your work.
The ceddy's have developed quite a following of late. And I know a couple of people who will be drooling that you have a coupe!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
D1RTY6
Financial Member
aka: Nathan

Post by D1RTY6 »

Welcome Andrew!

Barts right! Extremely keen to see some pictures or in person! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

Cheers guys, Id be very keen on atleast having a looks at the manual if not buy it and yeah i shall be a build thread going soon im hopefully going to go round and take a few pics of the beast tonight all going well :)
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
Karl
Financial Member

Post by Karl »

mmm coupe, nice one. I have a 78 H330 260c body thats about to go to the scrap man if you want to come and chop some parts off. some of it might be useable to repair yours...

cheers

Karl
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

And id get a hold of two others

Richie - snoozin with the red sedan as hes partially wrecking out a coupe soon (partially as there is only part of it left the rust is so bad), before that goes to scrap - he also wrecked a sedan - may have some good bits left.

And also wal 2doors for your rust repairs.

In my experience do not cut parts from other old heaps of shit and weld it into yours - it may look ok but is just as rusty as yours.

NEW STEEL IS BEST - get someone in the know to shape it up
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Welcome Andrew, I look forward to your thread and indeed seeing this beast on some Datsun cruises in the not too distant future I hope. A rarity in deed.
Datsuns from A to Zed
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

@karl i was really after a bonnet corner cut and a boot cut witch the h330s are both different :/, i was going to go with new steel but ive talked to a few people and they said if you can find a decent patch to use that rather than panel new steel to suit if i could find a minter bonnet and boot i would buy them but i cant really find anything for it, body wise i do need two rear pillar badges tho if anyone has any there willing to part with
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Snoozin might have those. I'm not sure if he's picked up his coupe yet or not?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............