Fucken Fuming

all else goes here...
chris_g1
Committee Members

Re: Fucken Fuming

Post by chris_g1 »

mint16 wrote:Yep import tax sucks, its been around forever.
When I deal with Datsport I ring them and arrange two invoices, one for the parcel with a price that keeps price well within the limit and the real one is e mailed to you. They are very happy to help and I have never been charged any extra taxes.
Brdflu
Regular
aka: Scott

Post by Brdflu »

Ive had the same problem with my parcel from Maddat that has been i Auckland since Jan. Never heard from customs or anybody and now when i chase it up to find whats going on i have to pay $120 or so to get it. the mistake i made was to get it sent to work. customs decided because it was addressed to a company in NZ it was coming in for resale and thats why nobody contacted me.
1956 Morris Minor - one day A12
1982 Sunny wagon - A15 dogleg 5 speed
1984 Toyota Corona Mark 2 - GX61
LUFDAT
Datsun Dreamer
aka: lisa

Post by LUFDAT »

I've had heaps of issues with stuff getting stuck at customs, but i've always found the customs people to be really good.
Most of my problems have been because of NZ Post though...i so don't love those guys.

Customs work out how much you owe, then pass it to NZ Post to send you out all the info.
I've found i only very rarely get this info and they're painfully slow and unhelpful.

What i do is track my parcel, and the minute it says it's held for clearance, we ring customs.
By bypassing NZ Post, you can pay the invoice over the phone and have your items in a few days.

I would also suggest NOT getting stuff sent to your work if you can help it.
Or at least put "care of..." so they know it's personal.
If it gets lumped in with the trade customs, they will reem you, and you have to pay extra for a special person to determine that it's not for commercial use and then you pay your duty on top of that.

It's completely random and luck of the draw, but yeah it sucks.
I get that they're trying to put people off spending money with other countries...but it's annoying if it's for personal use.

Next time try this link, it's only a gauge but can be quite helpful -
http://www.whatsmyduty.org.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Only thing I have ever had to pay customs for was my first 4gb iPhone :P
My orangatang 510 here.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

I hate you
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

torqued wrote:I hate you
They didn't even charge me duty on my $1700 worth of Rubbers from Datsport. They even declared its true worth.

I feel for ya buddy.
My orangatang 510 here.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Now you can stop hating me!

I ordered some rims through Otomoto. I specifically chose TNT shipping because everything that gets sent through DHL gets charged customs. I have had one thing charged GST and that was shipped via DHL. My mates when using DHL have always been charged too. Using Hong Kong Post or USPS etc I never get charged.

So after ordering my wheels from Otomoto a could weeks ago they first didn't send them at all. Aparently their commerce software send them an email for every order, but conveniently (not for me) they didn't get an email from my order number (but did so for order numbers either side of it).

So 12 days after the order they sent the rims, via DHL, not the TNT service I paid for. Now I just got a call from DHL saying I owed customs money. $163.39

So with one courier company losing two mags, Otomoto fucking up my order, then sending it with the wrong company, then the GSt and import tax, WELTEC cancelling my enrolment because of an administration error which has led to me having to refill out Studylink documents, I feel like no other cunt can do their fucking job properly!

Everybody else's fuck ups causing me grief at the moment! So, after that long story, it is safe to say I feel your pain and rage!
My orangatang 510 here.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Fucken Fuming

Post by gingofthesouth »

So after explaining to Otomoto my disappointment in their service (losing my order etc), they have offered me an apology and an offer to put things right. Although all companies make mistakes and can't be perfect every time, not many these days go out of their way to make things right like Otomoto have. I appreciate that in a company.

So that is one positive today.
My orangatang 510 here.