Yet another Datsun stolen

all else goes here...
78datsun260c

Post by 78datsun260c »

Hey, My mates Nephews 120y has been stolen by an associate from Dunedin. Last seen heading chch way and possible sold up there to an unexpecting person. It's Orange with a black right front fender from a panel fix. It was his first car (great choice I say) so you can imagine he's pretty gutted. Cops have been rung but have been pretty useless so far. If anyone can help locate this little gem we would really appreciate your help.

Cheers
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Re: Yet another Datsun stolen

Post by crustywhip »

That sucks and will keep my eyes peeled also a photo would help if you can post one up.

For any one interested I can fit security systems starting at $250 fitted. ChCh and Wellington.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I do a lot of kms around chch in my job. if I see a 120Y, I'll spot it instantly. Also, yeah, a photo might be good.

Thread sticky'd too.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Hi, I think I saw this being driven to Chch on I think it was Wednesday.
was a mid orange colour, with splashes of grey primer on it I think from memory.
also quite low, and I remember it was full of a load of "boys". I saw it when I
was driving home, it was heading north, think it was just north of Ashburton
when I saw it, and was mid afternoon.

Probably doesnt help much, but confirms your suspicion of it heading North anyways.
78datsun260c

Post by 78datsun260c »

I would say that pretty damn close, the rust has just been cut out and the patches primed up. Also I do remember He got some spring kit but unsure if they were in yet Cheers to everyone that has repied to the post. Im waiting on a couple of pictures from the nephew so hoping to get the up real soon.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

still keeping an eye out for anything that resembles this, up here in chch.
78datsun260c

Post by 78datsun260c »

So I got some pic over xmas. Sorry for the late post. Plate number is IR2626. The pic with just the front shows the wheels it had on at the time. As you can see shes in pretty good condition for a 35 yo car. Cheers for the help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodies72coupe
Committee Members

Post by woodies72coupe »

Think I might of seen this about a week ago in Halswell. If I get a chance I'll drive past where I saw it tomorrow!
DatSunny
aka: Lewis

Post by DatSunny »

hay i know this is an old post but this is my mates old car when he got it stolen. Even 9 months later hes still pretty gutted and can't replace it with another decent oldschool ride (a very piggy VW bettle). If anything has happened it the last few months around the country maybe in relation to this vehicle any info wouldn't hurt even if its this late!