Looking at moving to NZ

all else goes here...
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Re: Re: Looking at moving to NZ

Post by torqued »

2 doors wrote:
As for importing datsuns, im positive you cant bring anything into the country unless the cabin and boot are chock full of desirable parts that cant be found, or are hard to come by in this country, ie A series injection systems, dogleg A series gear boxs 2 door sedan rear quater windows etc etc ;)
Vg30 maxima front facing plenum:grin:
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Unionmine

Re: Looking at moving to NZ

Post by Unionmine »

Thanks for all the info. It looks like plans are on hold for a little wile My dads health has take a turn for the worse and the snow has started falling. Snow seems to make it harder to sell cars and household goods. As soon as i know how bad things are with dads health. I will resume my plans and start selling stuff. I will still keep working on paper work and looking at bringing a 510 with me. in the meantime if i can help anyone out by tracking down parts i would be glad to help.
Thanks Chad
E mail chad.casner@edcgov.us
Unionmine

Post by Unionmine »

Does any one have a link or can you help with percentages on taxes . sales tax, income tax, property tax. What i can find on the net is all over the place.
Thanks
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

try http://www.ird.govt.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

also, there is no property tax as such in NZ.
if you buy and sell houses/property for the purposes of making money, then yes, there is a tax.
But if you buy a house, but then decide to sell it, and buy a different house, there is no tax (so just never state that you are looking to make money on your house....even tho you are)
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You also don't have to pay Tax on your property as such. I may be wrong, but in the US you guys must pay taxes on your properties annually? Here you have to pay something called "rates" but not propery tax as such.
And (Unless you're employed as a self employed contractor) your employer pays your income tax on your income before you even see it. (PAYE, pay as you earn) So no big tax bills at the end of the year. (Unless your employer has fucked up)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Unionmine

Post by Unionmine »

Bartman wrote:You also don't have to pay Tax on your property as such. I may be wrong, but in the US you guys must pay taxes on your properties annually? Here you have to pay something called "rates" but not propery tax as such.
And (Unless you're employed as a self employed contractor) your employer pays your income tax on your income before you even see it. (PAYE, pay as you earn) So no big tax bills at the end of the year. (Unless your employer has fucked up)
As income tax goes here its done in the same way they take it from your check. do you know what the percentage you pay is on what you earn? With state and federal mine is around 20 to 25 percent of my income goes to tax and you still have to pay 8% sales tax on almost everything you buy. and in California they tax you for just about everything Its also very pricey to register a car. My 09 Nissan Versa is around $200 a year.
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Oh you will be in for a surprise then. Rego can range from $112NZ a year for vehicles 40 years or older. then up to $500 plus for diesel vehicles or 600cc plus motorcycles
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Here we have GST (Goods and services tax, or GeStapo tax as I call it) But for the most part it's built into the price of stuff you buy. It did my head in in Hawaii that they'd tack the tax on at the checkout. So everything cost a bit more than what I expected it would. (Crazy system if you ask me)
What you pay here in tax depends on what you earn. You'll pay a certain percent on your income up to a given threshold, then a bit higher again on what you earn over that up to the next bracket and so on.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Unionmine

Post by Unionmine »

well registration is a bit more but not to bad. I agree with the sales tax it would be nice if it was already in the price of goods and some thing get a little higher tax than other. It sound like the income tax is done in the same way. I was looking at fuel cost too it looks like fuel is around $2.50 a letter there. its not that high here yet. but it keeps going way up the comes back down a little in the last 4 years fuel has gone up around a dollar and a half a gallon. Inflation is everywhere it looks like are taxes are going to go up 7% in cali And could go up 10% federally. Thanks again for all the info.