what do you do for a job

all else goes here...
detdat
aka: Cam

Re: what do you do for a job

Post by detdat »

Hey, I've just landed a job in the Hobbit Movies. I'm working in the special effects department doing electrical and electronics work and will be helping run the motion bases in the near future. Definitely beats my old job as a photocopier tech!
dirtysthdatsun

Post by dirtysthdatsun »

i fly to a stupid part of west australia and abide by crappy safety rules while working in blistering heat with flys all over my face a dumb hard hat with a flap, orang long pants and shirt with reflective stripes i get drug and alcohol tested when i swipe my security pass on the way in and i live in a camp were my room is cleaned and food cooked for me.
i get up at 4am and get home at 6pm with sunburn and chafed ball sacks 13 days a foughtnight,there nothing but red rock and kangaroos and i do 4weeks on one week off flying home to see the lady while mostly just trying to get to the garage to play with myself.its not as fun as it sounds.my brain is so sore i drink every night
the best collection in nz
DAT620
Datsun Driver
aka: J

Post by DAT620 »

dirtysthdatsun wrote:i fly to a stupid part of west australia and abide by crappy safety rules while working in blistering heat with flys all over my face a dumb hard hat with a flap, orang long pants and shirt with reflective stripes i get drug and alcohol tested when i swipe my security pass on the way in and i live in a camp were my room is cleaned and food cooked for me.
i get up at 4am and get home at 6pm with sunburn and chafed ball sacks 13 days a foughtnight,there nothing but red rock and kangaroos and i do 4weeks on one week off flying home to see the lady while mostly just trying to get to the garage to play with myself.its not as fun as it sounds.my brain is so sore i drink every night
You have a lady AND she makes you go out to the garage to play with yourself? that dosnt sound fun at all. At least in aussie your nuts will be warm.
No matter where you go, there you are.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

i do almost the same job as datsunboy..... minus the paycheck.

apprentice drainlayer, sat exam last saturday. potentially qualified?!!
1972 1200 coupe KB110
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

Just starting back in Taupo as one of the engineers on the Nga Tamariki project.
Been back about 3 weeks now, still going through final design stages and pitching to the client Mighty River.
Cant wait to move out to site next year and get into it.

Gonna move down to taupo late feb next year and take the 1600 closer to the racetrack............

Anyone else from the taupo area?
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Re: Re: what do you do for a job

Post by datsunboy »

luke wrote:i do almost the same job as datsunboy..... minus the paycheck.

Same as me? I dont do drainlaying......i just design the stuff in front of my computer lol. Aling with plumbing and HVAC
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
luke
Datsun Addict

Re: Re: what do you do for a job

Post by luke »

datsunboy wrote:
luke wrote:i do almost the same job as datsunboy..... minus the paycheck.

Same as me? I dont do drainlaying......i just design the stuff in front of my computer lol. Aling with plumbing and HVAC

you get to design what i install sorry haha.
however il bet you get the better paycheck :D
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Wait til you become a registered drain layer. They command a pretty impressive hourly rate.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

dirtysthdatsun wrote:i fly to a stupid part of west australia and abide by crappy safety rules while working in blistering heat with flys all over my face a dumb hard hat with a flap, orang long pants and shirt with reflective stripes i get drug and alcohol tested when i swipe my security pass on the way in and i live in a camp were my room is cleaned and food cooked for me.
had been considering trying this sort of thing, you sell it so well. and I already have vast experience with the crappy safety rules and dumb hard hat too, bonus.
sr1600 wrote:Just starting back in Taupo as one of the engineers on the Nga Tamariki project.
Been back about 3 weeks now, still going through final design stages and pitching to the client Mighty River.
Cant wait to move out to site next year and get into it.

Gonna move down to taupo late feb next year and take the 1600 closer to the racetrack............

Anyone else from the taupo area?
yeah there are a few datto fans here in Taupo. I'm a fitter and do quite a bit of geothermal maintenance work, sometimes for MRP. Might bump into you at some stage.
Evil13
Financial Member
aka: kane

Post by Evil13 »

ha they storey of my life aswell but im in port hedland do 8weeks on and 2weeks off and i have to cook and clean myself
1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie