A Series Valve Gear

all your DIY needs
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Re: A Series Valve Gear

Post by gman »

Valve springs more often than not brake from the valve gear not being set up properly ie rocker angel wrong spring rate to high to low. With all the A series I have dune money is best spent on alloy push rods 6mm valve stems titanium retainers or alloy if you have to. Then you can run a pretty aggressive cam and lift the spring rate by only a little from standard. If you want to get to 9 or 10 this is what I do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Whereabouts did you source those bits from?
Cheers
Dave
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

b110sss wrote:Whereabouts did you source those bits from?
Cheers
Dave
I make my own retainers and buy the springs individually to match the valve stem length.If you are in CH CH go see Paul at Kennelly cams he will have what you need for a street car and good advice just be shore what you wont out off the car before you go.
volodkovich
Regular

Post by volodkovich »

b110sss wrote:Hi Rob,
Thanks for that. Re the aftermarket Jap springs- that's a big call given Tomei and Kameari have such good names. Have you had bad experiences with them or do you feel they are simply overpriced for what they are relative to the local equivalent?
Cheers
Dave
They are great quality, don't get me wrong. As a whole the Japanese spend big money for the name and quality/craftsmanship of parts which therefore pushes the ultimate function down the list. This boils down to expensive parts that aren't as well engineered as they should be.
WhitleyTune - Bespoke Camshaft, Valvetrain & Aluminium casting