Fuel pressure regulator

all your DIY needs
2 doors
Datsun God

Fuel pressure regulator

Post by 2 doors »

Hi guy's, I'm at the fuel system stage of the build, I need a fuel pressure regulator and saw some on trade me, are there any brands I should stay away from? Or should I just go out to pick a part and whip a factory one off a Subaru or something?
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Fuel pressure regulator

Post by DJZ »

Factory ones are fine, I've heard stories about the cheap Trademe ones leaking. You might have to make up an adaptor unless you can find one that goes inline rather than bolting to the fuel rail.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Sweet thanks, I can make an adapter.
Revolver
aka: Jack

Post by Revolver »

Looking for one to keep my carb from overflowing. Had to remove the manual pump for power steer so now there is an electric inline pump but it wont supply enough juice to accelerate in top gear. Th Z16 reaches 100 k's and cuts out, leaving it decelerating with traffic closing in from behind. Having a better electric pump by Holley to install a decent regulator to get pressure between zero & 4.5 P.S.I. would sort things out. I always figured fuel rail regulators were the natural choice for EFI? Anything over supply pressure simply returning to the tank via the other fuel line. Good Luck with it.