Datsun wheel offsets.

all your DIY needs
Cory28

Datsun wheel offsets.

Post by Cory28 »

Hi there I have recently purchased a 1200 and I have recently purchased some 14x6 watanabe wheels to go onto it with an offset of 20, I have hit a slight bump in the road as you might say.... Apon fitting the wheels the rears fit sweet as I moved to the front I was only to discover some clearance issues, the tyre hits the strut an the rim hits the caliper :roll: . I'm after a bit of advice really... Am I better to sell the wheels I've baught an look for somthing different? If so what offset is best? car has standard struts with lowering springs & 120y brakes. Or I could get th hubs altered an space the wheels out to solve clearance issues? Any help or insight would be much appreciated yours sincerely Datsun nooob.
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Re: Datsun wheel offsets.

Post by beaver »

Sell and get something closer to 0 offset/at least less than 10. Should be plenty off room with a 6" rim
spiderwebfx
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Chris

Post by spiderwebfx »

Has the car gotta go for a cert? If so, just put spacers on it.

If not, sell and buy another set of rims :/
Cory28

Post by Cory28 »

Decided to sell the wheels I'm looking at some ssr mk2s jus wondering if they will fit thou 14x6.5 front an 14x7 rear. Will they fit unsure if offset but I've asked.
CMarriott

Post by CMarriott »

Did you find out if they fit in the end? I have a set of Mk2's in those exact sizes and a friend with a 1200 i can test fit them on easily enough, was actually going to do this anyway soon as he was wondering how they would fit also.