Datsport conversion kit certfying

all your DIY needs
Yoda
aka: Andrew

Datsport conversion kit certfying

Post by Yoda »

Hi there, I was hoping somebody could shed a bit of light on this topic for me.
Its been sometime since needing to worry about modification certs for cars, actually I didn't even need them it was before the legislation came to effect when I was doing it, time to get dirty again :thumbsup:

Is there usually any issues using these kits in regards to the "low volume certificate" specifically the front cross member/front suspension conversion 20DET from Datsport?

Like most things does it depend on where you take it or the mood that the guys in doing the cert ?
Are the kits considered an OEM part and just require listing on the cert or do they require separate test eg, crack testing weld x-rays etc etc
Any info appreciated from the been there done that camp.

Regards Yoda
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Datsport conversion kit certfying

Post by 2 doors »

had a conversation regarding this last week, with bart ,who is considering getting the same kit (pretty sure).
cert like anything, is open to interpretation by the person doing it, there are many stories of people being told one thing by one inspector and another by a different inspector, best thing to do is find one you can relate with and discuss what you want to do with them, get them on side from the beginning and things will go smoothly.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: Datsport conversion kit certfying

Post by 85_Z31 »

Anything suspension and welded needs to be well made, proven design and non destructive tested for weld cracks.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30