B310 Wheel Sizes

all your DIY needs
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

B310 Wheel Sizes

Post by blitzballa »

Does anyone know if there is a tyre size I can run on my B310 for 15" wheels that won't mess with the original speedo? I have to get 15" wheels so my only other option is to get the speedo re-adjusted = big waste of money -_-
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Re: B310 Wheel Sizes

Post by tlssunny »

go and talk to gary, he will know and will have the tyre charts to sort it out etc
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

is your goal to maintain the current level of inaccuracy or calculate the size you'd need to make it right. you can workout the % increase need using a GPS
Datsuns from A to Zed
blitzballa
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by blitzballa »

Had a yarn to Gary and he said there would be a low profile tyre that would sort this out for me just a matter of shilling out the massive amounts it costs for them haha. I'm not sure if the speedo is out atm because the previous owner f****ed it or because of the tyres that are on it now. Either way will have to sort something out soonish before I commit to a large sum of money being spent!
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

According to the internet the factory tyre is a 175 - R13 (which is approximately a 80 aspect rtatio sidewall, so 175/80R13).

A 195/50R15 tyre is almost the exact same size (overall diamter), within 1%. They are readily available, tradme prices start from $90 new.